Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkest1999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2013, 12:11 PM
    Michigan home sale went bad and eviction is necessary
    Gave keys before sale was final. They did not sign the land contract. Now I need to get them out of my Michigan home. What do I do to get them out.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 31, 2013, 12:23 PM
    You sue them, obviously.

Let me guess: you did it on the cheap without an attorney? How's that working out for you?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 31, 2013, 12:24 PM
    File in your county courthouse for eviction, as though they are a tenant, which in effect they are, because you gave them keys. It doesn't matter that they didn't pay anything or sign anything.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2013, 02:30 PM
    You still own the property, the deed is in your name. So you treat them as tenants. If they agreed to pay you and aren't, then give them a pay or quit notice. Otherwise give them a 30 day notice to vacate then follow up with going to court for an eviction order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does eviction work in Michigan when there is no lease? [ 2 Answers ]

My friend was given a 30 day notice to quit, on July 11th, by the landlord. This came after she reported two burglaries. She wants to leave; doesn't feel safe. However, she needs time to relocate. Does the 30 day notice prevail or does the landlord have to get eviction notice from a judge? ...

Land Contract Gone Real Bad In Michigan [ 2 Answers ]

:( Ok First Thing First My Name Is Jessica I Sold A Home On Land Contract In Michigan Buyers Will Not Pay I Went Through The Whole Eviction Still No Hope. Just A Judgement They Have 90 Days To Pay But They Can Pay The Past Due For The Judgement And Not The Current Then They...

Eviction of current "resident" during home sale [ 2 Answers ]

We are in the process of purchasing the home of my husband's grandfather, who died in mid-February. His aunt, who has lived in the house for over 20 years, will live with us and is the executrix. His uncle lives in the house sporadically (as in one day out of each week, at most), and otherwise...

What is the eviction process for a resident in Michigan and the cost? [ 3 Answers ]

I am the executer of my mothers estate and I will be going through the eviction process in a few months. I was wondering if the notice is delivered by a police officer or the sheriff, the tenants I have in the house will not leave with out some assistance. Also I was wondering how much of a cost...

Eviction of Tenant after Tax Sale - PA [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering the purchase of property in a sale conducted by the county for non-payment of real estate taxes. There is currently a tenant living in the property. If I purchase the property at the tax sale, what rights do I have to have the tenant evicted so I can tear down the property?

View more questions Search