Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mynameisninaxo1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2013, 05:01 AM
    Winter butterfly in my house?
    It's the middle of winter and there is an orange and black butterfly in my house... There were two but unfortunately, my cat ate one. I know that butterflys don't eat, they only drink, but I don't know how to feed it water! I don't want to let it outside either, because it is warm and safe in here and freezing and rainy outside. Please help? Xx
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 31, 2013, 05:20 AM
    Nina,

Your butterfly has been interrupted in her journey. They are migratory, and she is on her way to breeding grounds down South. If you don't let her go she will likely die within a couple of weeks. Wait for the rain to stop and open the window. That way you will have more butterflies in the Spring. You might wish to find out more about her. Try this link:

Life Span of a Monarch Butterfly
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 31, 2013, 05:54 AM
    Our monarchs In Southeast ontario migrate from presquile point on Lake Ontario by the thousands.

Put out a saucer of water; and they do eat milkweed but you won't find that. This little one won't make it now unfortunately But it will be a good effort !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer gas smell outside house in the winter only [ 0 Answers ]

In the winter you can smell sewage outside the house. The house is a ranch built about 5 years ago. Has septic tank system. Have had septic recently pumped so that can not be the issue. Any ideas?

Draining a house for the winter [ 1 Answers ]

I want to close my house for the winter. I have turned off the power to the well, drained the hot water heater, empied all of the toilets and their tanks, opened all of the water taps,put anti-freeze down all drains. Question is, I have a dishwasher,washing machine,and a jacuzzi bathtub. Is there a...

Replumb house for boiler - too cold in winter. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We have a 50 yr old home with a boiler that we replaced when we moved in (2003). If it is below freezing outside the inside temp will barely get above 64. And the upstairs (cape cod design) will be freezing. We have to use electric heaters up there. Any idea how much it costs to replumb the...

Bad Smell in my house during fall and winter [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I've lived in my house for 4 year and every year around fall, winter, and spring I get a bad sewage smell in my house. I smell it more at night time and in the morning. When I turn the heat on in my den it appears to smell worse. My house type is cape and was built in 1951 and uses a...

View more questions Search