Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yourreason Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2013, 05:21 PM
    Milk
    So I've been trying to get healthier to lose weight and was wondering if switching from cows milk to soy or almond milk would be better? I've never tried almond milk and was wondering if it was any good? Anything will help!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 30, 2013, 05:29 PM
    For the last few months I've been seeing a nutritionist, and I'll tell you what she told me. Switch to skim milk. If you can't do that (it's not very good) at least switch to 1%. The difference in fat content between 2% and 1% is astounding.

Soy milk and almond milk aren't really less in fat than 2% milk. Soy is for people that are lactose intolerant, but the fat content is pretty much the same. Almond milk I haven't done a lot of research on, but from my understanding it's even higher in fat that 2% milk. If you just want to switch because you don't like the milk you're drinking, than go for it. If you're wanting milk with a lower fat content, switch to skim.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog just RECENTLY developed milk or is developing milk. [ 10 Answers ]

OK so my pit-bull is just developed milk a few days ago, and I was wondering if anyone had an idea when she will go in labor? I believe between now and 2 weeks, but what do you think? PLEASE NO NEGATIVE ANSWERS!! My dog is WELL taking care of and we have everything she needs when she goes into...

Using whole milk instead of evaporated milk [ 2 Answers ]

I have a recipe for squash cassarole that calls for 2/3 cup of evaporated milk, but I only have whole milk. Can this be an even exchange?

About milk [ 8 Answers ]

What percent of 12 oz fat free milk gives the daily calcium you need if you swap it out for a can of regular soda? 10%, 50% or 30%

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

View more questions Search