Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dollslemonade Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2013, 04:30 PM
    How much to eat after being ill
    I had the flu a few days ago (chills, fever, congestion, cough, sore throat, nausea, only sleeping and being awake a few hours at a time etc), and so I had no appetite whatsoever; I managed two sandwiches, and a bag of crisps in the three days when it was at it's worst, then it was Christmas and I managed a child sized portion of dinner and a cracker later on, the next day was better and I ate almost as much as usual but yesterday and today I've been fluctuating between feeling nauseous and absolutely ravenous, I'm craving things like toast, cheese, crisps and meat even after I've eaten and I'm full.
    Should I be eating more or something? I know I'm still recovering from the flu because I still have a cough, congestion and a sore throat so there might be certain foods I need to eat or some vitamin my body needs or something.
    It's just annoying waking up in the middle of the night desperate for cheese and turkey on toast.
    (Also, I'm not pregnant; just in case that was what someone was going to suggest).
    boron Posts: 38, Reputation: 5

Jan 2, 2014, 03:43 AM
    A sedentary adult woman needs about 2,000 Calories per day, so think about it to prevent overeating.

It's possible you've become dehydrated because of sweating and not drinking because of nausea. Thirst and hunger can be easily confused.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog will not eat his food unless I add a hard cooked egg to eat is that Ok [ 7 Answers ]

My dog will not eat his dog food (Beneiful healthy weight) He is approx 18 lbs I have tried everything Now I finally got a flat plate put his dog food and other little flavors added olive oil a touch he nibbles but when I add a hard cooked egg he eat it all. Is it healthy for a dog to have a...

My dog won't eat after being ill and losing his mate [ 6 Answers ]

My mum one Sunday took the dogs for a walk, it was a hot day and they both ended up getting very sick, one died on our kitchen floor, the other was taken to the vet where we were told it was heat exhaustion. He was put on a drip and the like, since then he was been a different dog. He won't eat...

I eat sugar and lose wieght, eat healthy and gain? [ 2 Answers ]

OK don't tll me its not possible because rest assure you its happening to me. I live with my boyfriend. Were young and money is tight... very tight. Sometimes we can afford to go major food shopping sumetimes we cant. We always have food but sometimes its more of junk food. Now I have a HUGE...

Soft foods the doctor has told my dad to eat, but what exactly can he eat! [ 1 Answers ]

My dad has had a heart attack and now is fearful of what he can eat because it was indirectly related to stomach pains he is having. The question is: What is a exact list of some good things for him to eat? I am fearful he will not eat anything, or much less, because he is fearful too! ...

18 months baby, has acid reflux so only eat liquid ( how much she should eat) [ 1 Answers ]

My baby has acid reflux since 3 months and anytime I give her finger or soft food she throw up before it goes in. so I only give her liquid food like first stage food. :( But I want to know if she is taking enough? She is 24LB and 30inch tall - 18months old She eat 24 oz soy milk only 6oz of...

View more questions Search