Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Dec 30, 2013, 01:34 PM
    What is blocking rubyw.exe??
    My question is simply that. I am trying to install Private Internet Access and it won't install fully because, according to customer service, my firewall/AV/security/blah blah is blocking it and I need to add exceptions.

1. I have stopped all these services before installing and it didn't make a difference.
    2. The only program I could add an exception for a EXE that is not already physically on my hard drive is Avira Antivirus. My other Security software is this:
    Malwarebytes
    Windows Firewall
    Windows Defender

That is all.

Does anyone out there have any other ideas? Something I am missing? Please?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 30, 2013, 02:26 PM
    Have you added an exception to your firewall for this program to access the internet.
    Look at the program itself rather than the blanket .exe as that could open a can of worms.

Also try install as Administrator, this is a different account from a member of the administrator group

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I have thumb.exe or copy.exe or. Virus how to solve it [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I really need anyone help. I have XP Home Edition, I have a virus I got it from flash memory, I have Kaspersky Internet Security It did not detect it. What it does it spread to any hard drive, in my computer when I double click on C drive it does not open but when open task manager I find...

Is cmd.exe under lsass.exe a Virus [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a problem that my internet, now a days, is working very slow. I think I''ve got some viruses in my computer and for that I have installed MCAFEE antivirus and its completely up to date. But still the problem ain't solved. while looking into the Process Exdplorer, I saw that the cmd.exe...

Issas.exe, iau.exe etc how to get rid of? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Whenever I try to open a text file, the following files load onto my machine: Lssas.exe, iau.exe, mservice.exe, svshost.exe, msqdevl.exe and stisvsq.exe Its easy enough to remove them again with Hijackthis run in safe mode, but I cannot use my notepad anymore. Whenever I open the...

View more questions Search