Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lourh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2013, 12:37 PM
    Green card holder stayed abroad more than one year
    Hi,
    I have a valid green card till this date. I had family reasons that resulted in my stay outside US for more than one year, and I am planning now to go back to US.

Is it possible to travel and enter US with my valid green card.

Thank you.
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Dec 30, 2013, 01:50 PM
    No, you cannot enter using just your green card anymore.

You can try to apply for an SB-1 returning resident visa at a U.S. consulate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 year outside of usa and I'm a green card holder [ 4 Answers ]

Lets say, I went to Philippines last year July, 2009 and went back to US on September, 2009 , But I Decided to go back to Philippines on October, 2009, and thinking to stay here for 6 months and will be going back there on April 2010... Is that possible?? Would they ask me anything when I get...

Re Entry for Green card holder who has been away for almost a year [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is a green card holder. Currently in India. Has been gone for almost 10 months. Due to health reasons she can't comeback until next year. What does she have to do to come back? What forms are to be filed? Where? And when?

Igot married to green card holder girl how could I get a green card? [ 3 Answers ]

I got married to green card holder girl of usa, how could I get a green card?

Green Card holder staying outside US for more than 6 months and less than 1 year [ 1 Answers ]

HI All, I'm a US Green Card holder. I am staying outside US for more than 6 months but plan to get back within 1 year. Before leaving US, I DID NOT apply for re-entry permit as I did not intend to stay outside US for this long. Can anyboy tell me what legal steps I need to take for entring US...

Staying abroad for more than 6 months: green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a Green card holder and married to a USA citizen. I'm plainng to visit India For 8 months due my preganacy. My understanding is a green card holder can Stay outside usa for 6 months. Do I need re-entry permit before I leave for india? So say I don't need if I'm not staying over 1...

View more questions Search