Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dallasstmary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2013, 08:16 PM
    How to get your name on your childs' birth certificate?
    My son became a father in high school. The girl said she was seeing someone else and got married prior to the birth. The child is now 6 and she finally admitted the child was his. The other man signed the birth certificate. My son went to court to get some visitation/custody in N.C. He then began to pay his child support. The court will not take the other mans name off the certificate and my sons name on it.

To make things worse they have moved to Texas. My son was to meet in Alabama (court appointed middle) on Christmas day to have his child for their first Christmas and the day before we were told there was a restraining order on him and he can not see his son. We saw a copy of an order but never had one served.

Now he has to travel to Texas in days, find a lawyer etc. The only DNA test was one I did at home and it was not used in the court. Any suggestions? Need help!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2013, 08:34 PM
    How did he establish paternity in court ? There should have been a court hearing to establish paternity and declare him the father.

Then he would have been given court ordered visits and child support ordered.

The issue now, is that the child custody should remain in the court where it was. Is the restraining order in Texas ? And why is he traveling there, merely hire an attorney there, or one local with connections in Texas
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Dec 31, 2013, 04:36 AM
    Something wrong here.Fr. Chuck made a very good points there

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The man on my child's birth certificate isn't the father but has accepted since birth [ 4 Answers ]

I was in a relationship of 4 years and cheated with another man and got pregnant, the man I cheated with knew I was pregnant but the guy I was in the 4 year relationship knew the baby wasn't his but we still stayed together and he was there for the pregnancy and the birth and signed her birth...

If someone has died, who owns their marriage certificate and birth certificate [ 4 Answers ]

If someone has a birth certificate and a marriage certificate and someone else wants it. How is it decided who owns this document

No birth certificate available. What to do to find birth records. [ 4 Answers ]

Mother denies adoption. Aunt verifys adoption or possible illegal adoption. Baby boy born in cook county, IL February 14, 1963. Dr. Knapp handled getting baby for adopted mother. That is the only information we know. No birth certificate available under baby boys name. What to do?

Father not around at birth. Want to add him to birth certificate/change babies name [ 1 Answers ]

At the time I had my son 5 months ago his father was not in the picture so I opted to not give him his last name or put his name on the birth certificate... however now his father came back and we are working things out.. how do I go about changing the birth certificate and my sons last name... do...

View more questions Search