Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjcmc16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2013, 04:00 PM
    My cat is fixed can she be pregnant?
    My cat was fixed about a year ago and was a indoor at the time and when she fully healed she started going outside now I have noticed that her abdomen has increased in sized but I can tell it not just fat it is more of a "solid" bump. I researched signs of pregnancy in a cat and she is showing a lot of them. Is it possible for her to be pregnant? Please let me know I want to be prepared. Thanks so much!
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Dec 29, 2013, 04:45 PM
    If she was actually fixed, then the vet removed her uterus and fallopian tubes, which would make pregnancy impossible. If she is pregnant, it means the vet charged you for a procedure they didn't actually do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2013, 05:43 PM
    Assuming the vet actually did the procedure, it is not possible for cat to be pregnant
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Dec 29, 2013, 05:43 PM
    Properly spayed, no, she cannot be pregnant, however if you are feeling a solid lump, then it should not be ignored. Other things that can cause a "solid" lump, constipation, a tumor of some sort, enlarged organs, could be that there is something else going on that needs to be addressed, or it could be nothing, but I would take her in for a check up if you are concerned.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 29, 2013, 06:55 PM
    A properly spayed cat cannot be pregnant. It's not possible. So, if she was properly spayed, no, she's not pregnant. Pregnancy isn't the only thing that can cause weight gain and a hard lump. Time to go back to the vet to find out what this lump is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my female fixed cat be pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I got a female cat 2 years ago from a rescue group, so she was fixed when I got her,. she has been an indoor/outdoor cat for 2 years.. she has always been skinny.. like she has worms, and eats everything in sight but is still skinny.. lately she won't jump up on he bed, and the last few days I...

Why would male cats try to mate with a female cat that has been fixed? [ 4 Answers ]

A few months ago we took a stray cat that showed up at our house to the vet to get her fixed so she can't get pregnant. Now that it is mating season male cats outside will not leave her alone. They bite her neck and try to mate with her. Is this normal? If so, why are they doing this since she...

Does it cost a lot to verify whether a cat is fixed or not? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I'm getting a cat this weekend! The person I am getting the cat from said that the cat is fixed but he doesn't have the paper work cause the cat wasn't his to begin with. He had gotten it from a friend that never came back to get the cat. But anyway. I just want to make sure that the cat is...

Cat bleeding and is fixed [ 1 Answers ]

My cat just starting bleeding and I checked the litter and not there, just noticed because she pee'don the bed. She is fixed

Pregnant cat question(my 1st cat) [ 7 Answers ]

My kitty is pregnant ,kittens in like 2 weeks.. the male cat just hangs at my house stalking her,it seems like she doesn't like him anymore.why is he back now that she's not in heat? He won't leave.i don't no anything about cats ,please help..

View more questions Search