Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sixisland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2013, 02:25 PM
    Family in Foster Care
    Well see, my sister is in foster care and she is 17. From my experience being in Foster Care once you turn 18 you have legal rights to go out on your own. I am not sure what a D.A.L is but my sister just recently had a meeting with her D.A.L letting her know that she is not leaving when she turns 18. I try talking to her case worker but she never answers. Any help would be great!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 29, 2013, 02:41 PM
    GAL? Guardian ad litem.
    When she is 18 she is free to leave.
    It's not clear from the way you wrote who said that isn't true - or did she just say she is staying on by agreement with the foster parents? They will just lose their funding when she's 18, but no one can tell anyone where she goes, or if she stays.

It's possible that her state has a policy of continuing foster care if senior year of high school finishes just after turning 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

Family and foster care [ 2 Answers ]

I had a boy 5 months later he was abducted by his dad ,I reported but no where to get him ,I later left to Europe and I wrote in my permit stay that I heave no child ,this year he has died and child returned to my mum,how will I convince the government that he is my son? And did I do wrong to writ...

I was in foster care and I want to find my real family [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can find my real mother? I know that she has gotten remarried since I was put into care so now I don't know what or how to find her

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

View more questions Search