Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Puppyvegas01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2013, 06:10 PM
    Please Help Identify this artist (19th Century?)
    Hello,

I recently picked up this antique oil painting at an estate sale. It's an oil on wood signed 'Nils Green 1899'. The frame is nice, but it has a sticker on the back with a framer who most likely reframed the painting sometime in the mid 60's-70's?

I've searched everywhere and can't find an artist by that name, nor can I find another painting similar...

Hopefully someone will read and give me the answers I'm looking for?

Lastly.. The age old question.. Anyone what to estimate a value for me? ;-)
    Attached Images

Check out some similar questions!

19th Century Sea Chest [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I have a painted sea chest with a picture, and name of the sailing ship "Wenona", dated 1882. On the front, painted inside a banner is "Nova Scotia". The interior of the chest is not painted, the exterior is entirely painted. The chest has cast iron around the lid, grab handles on the side...

I'm looking for artist of my 2 19th Century watercolor paintings of native Americans. [ 2 Answers ]

I bought these at a small auction house in the UK and paid quite a lot for them. The chief is "Hole in the Day" of the Objiwa, (Chipewa). He was quite famous for championing the rights of his people but was eventually assinated in very shady circumstances. He was also a handsome and charming man...

Life for a rich person in 19th century [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know what life would be like for someone wealthy living in New York during the 19th century, the more detail the better! Please and thank you :)

Mexican American in the Southwest 19th century [ 2 Answers ]

What changes took place in the southwest during the 19th century?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.