Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kokocorn Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2013, 04:24 PM
    2006 Toyota Camry - cannot lock doors
    Just bought a 2006 Toyota Camry. Everything was fine at the used car dealership. I bring it home and now find I can't lock the doors. The remote doesn't work. When I put the key in the door, it won't turn left to lock. When I open door and manually press down the lock button, it pops back up. When I'm in the car, everything works. Took it to a mechanic. While there, he was able to easily lock the doors. Everything from the remote to manual all worked. I go home and again, it doesn't work. Can't figure out why the doors won't lock at home. Will try going other places later but wondered if anyone else has had a problem with locking their car doors. Apparently nothing is broken since it worked at the mechanic's. Could there be something at my house that is interfering with the system?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2014, 08:51 PM
    It's sounding like a BCM (body control module) acting up erratically. Or it could be a fault in the drivers master control switch. I recommend dealer on this one and ask for someone well trained in this area. Tough one to diagnose from here

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

94 toyota camry [ 1 Answers ]

My car will start but the fuel will not continually flow. New fuel pump, rail and pressure was checked and its good. Was told this is likely an electrical issue, any ideas?

How do you get all the electrical doors to unlock on my 2006 escape? [ 0 Answers ]

My 2006 Escape door locks have quit working using any of the unlock buttons.The lock function works normaly for all all locks. My battery went dead before this happened. What would cause this ? The lock fuses are good . I am suspecting the smart junction box.

How do you get all the electrical doors to unlock on my 2006 escape? [ 0 Answers ]

My 2006 does not unlock electrcally any door by remote or either unlock button.The electrical lock works but no door will unlock. My battery went dead before this happened.

93 toyota camry [ 2 Answers ]

My camry will run and cut off while driving it. Then it won't start for up to 45 minutes. The problem is consististent. It just turns over like it wants to start but nothing. At times it won't even make any noise.

Toyota 93 Camry [ 2 Answers ]

Why is does my Camry keep blow the fuses in the main relay box? What can I do to repair it?

View more questions Search