Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radhika92 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2013, 09:53 AM
    What are the chances of pregnancy?
    Hi! I am 21 years old, female.
    On the 24th of December, my boyfriend and I got intimate. Even though there was no penetrative sex involved, there was a lot of rubbing of our bare genitals where his penis rubbed my vagina for a substantial amount of time. He said he didn't ejaculate but is not sure about pre-ejaculate. Scared as I was, I took an emergency contraceptive pill after about 42 hours i.e. on the 26th of December. Its been two days since I took the pill and yet I have not experienced any side effects like vomiting, nausea, headaches, bleeding etc. But I do have white cloudy vaginal discharge, more than what happens normally. Its not smelly or anything and I have had this before. It somehow feels a little more now. I am not sure if I am over thinking this, that's why I need help.
    My period happened on the 8th of December till the 15th and it is due next month around the 8th of January. Does not having any side effects means the pill did not work? What must I expect if I am not pregnant?
    Please help. Please
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2013, 10:03 AM
    Under these circumstances, the chances of pregnancy are quite slim, to almost none. While it does, and has, happened, all you can do now is wait. The emergency contraceptive pill may through your period out of whack this month, so try not to worry too much as that will also cause a missed period.

I do have to warn you that playing adult sexual games can result in adult responsibilities. If you are not prepared for parenthood, it is most advised that you refrain from this sort of activity until you are emotionally, physically, and financially prepared to carry on the responsibility of parenthood.

Dec 29, 2013, 12:55 AM
    What does this mean?
    Just saw some light brown discharge/staining. Took the emergency contraceptive on 26th, after 42 hours after the act. Does this mean anything? Help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2013, 02:14 AM
    Yes, it most likely means something, the issue is, it can mean many things. It can be a sign of pregnancy, it can be a side effect of pill.
    or a random spotting.

The morning after pill is not 100 percent effective and at 40 hours it is not as effective as if taken sooner.

So not it is just waiting to see if you get period or not.

Dec 29, 2013, 11:22 PM
    When should I?
    How far along can I take a blood pregnancy test? Will it be accurate enough to confirm whether I am pregnant?
    Expert

Dec 29, 2013, 11:32 PM
    After you miss a period, wait about two week. You can try a HPT first, but a blood test too.

Dec 30, 2013, 01:23 PM
    Why is this happening?
    White odorless cloudy discharge only during urination, does not leave any stains on my underwear. What does this mean? I took emergency contraceptive four days ago on the 26th of December. Does the discharge mean the pill didn't work? My period is due around 8th of January, I have a 30 day cycle (approximately).
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 30, 2013, 06:07 PM
    How long after you had sex did you take the morning after pill?

Did you read the instructions and side effects that happen with the pill? It should be included in a pamphlet with the pills you purchased. I would suggest reading it front to back.

The morning after pill can and mostly does screw up your menstrual cycle, and your body. It's not a pill to be taken lightly, it can cause damage, and it will screw up your system.

Having said that, is it possible that it didn't work? Of course that's possible. There is no form of birth control, or emergency contraception, that's 100%. So pregnancy, even after this pill, is still possible.

Any concerns should be discussed with your doctor.

A blood test is not usually the first test taken.

You should wait until you miss your period, then wait at least 2 weeks after. At that time you can get a blood test done, but it may be too early to test accurately. If that test is negative, I'd wait for your next period. If you miss it as well, get another blood test, if you want to skip the at home urine test.

From your other posts you had sex, and took the morning after pill. The morning after pill can mess up your cycle, and your body. Symptoms you're feeling can be attributed to the use of this pill. It's a highly invasive pill.

In other words, having an early period, or missing a period, or having a lot of spotting or bleeding for longer than normal, can be expected with the use of this pill. That's not to say you aren't pregnant, you very well could be, no form of birth control, no matter how invasive, is 100%.

Good luck
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 30, 2013, 06:18 PM
    All of your threads have been merged to keep all information and advice in one place.

If you have more information you would like to share, please add it to this thread.

Dec 30, 2013, 10:08 PM
    Help needed
    I am so paranoid. I am not ready to have a baby and my only choice would be to terminate it if at all I am pregnant. I don't know what to do, how to go about this. Please help.
    Expert

Dec 31, 2013, 05:43 AM
    Like everyone said, if you did not want a baby, you stop playing adult sexual games.

But you do nothing now, since you have no idea. You wait till your period is due and see if you miss it. If you miss it, you have to wait another 2 weeks just to test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chances of pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

My last period was on Aug 8th.Had intercourse on Aug 20th, 21st.Wat are my chances of pregnancy

Chances of pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I just got off my period yesterday and I had unprotected sex last night and took the plan b one step pill this morning and then about two hours later ha unprotected sex again. What would be the chances of me getting pregnant? Will the pill still be in affect and work with the second...

Chances of pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

If I ovulated last Thursday thur Saturday and started my period today and had unprocted sex today what are the chances of being pregnant? Should I take next choice to stop pergnancy? I am 24 yrs old and I have a 18 month old baby and do not want another baby right now.

Chances of Pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my name is tony and a couple of days ago, me and a girl were having sex. At first I had on a condom, then she told me that she never uses them. I figured she used birth control however after sex she told me she didn't. So after I took it off, we were going for a couple of minutes and when...

What are chances of pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

If two teens have sex without protection a week after she finished her period. The guy hasn't masturbated in awhile and is a virgin. What are the chances of pregnancy?

View more questions Search