Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike0120 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2013, 06:30 PM
    91 Honda EX
    I have a 91 Honda that is automatic it has been having issues
    Will not start in the heat it free spins like not compression.
    Then the sports light would blind on and off when I tried to start it and would not start if it was blinking. Someone said it was the trans computer replaced it but the weather is cooler now so it was running .
    I thought great it was taken care of the problem but the other day driving it loss the spedo,tech and radio all power.
    Was told the main computer $550 later it still does not run the light comes on when the door opens so it comes on.
    Now I would collect insurance on it but not worth it plus it is all I have to drive.
    Can someone please set me in the correct direction to get this figured out.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2013, 05:17 AM
    . Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Check for codes.

. Verify that the Check Engine Light comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II).

. Test the alternator. The brushes may have been worn down so far that it caused loss of power.

. Replace the main relay, if the engine does not start when the temperature rises.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask honda mechanic questions about honda civic [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2000 reg honda civic aerodeck vti 1.8 I have been told the engine is the integra type are if it is what would be the best way to get it to 245 bhp

What is the proper Honda coolant for a 2002 Honda Accord EX V-6? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a Honda coolant that is already mixed so I don't have to do the 50/50 mix with distilled water? What is the proper Honda coolant for a 2002 Honda Accord EX V-6?

1992 honda accord lx - chevy lover in need of help with this honda [ 2 Answers ]

We just bought this 1992 honda accord lx, it drives and runs like a cadillac, we can let the car set and run all day but it won't lose a bit of coolant, but you drive it right down the road and back it pours every bit of coolant out somewhere toward the back of the engine... Im a chevy person, I...

Can a 1993 honda integra 1.8 motor and 5 speed trans go in a 1994 honda prelude [ 0 Answers ]

Can a 1993 honda integra 1.8 motor and 5 speed transmission go in a 1994 honda prelude with a 2.0 and automatic transmission

Upgrade Honda Accord 1980 to Honda Accod 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

Help me!! I have old Honda Accord 1980, I want to upgrade it to Honda Accord 2003 step by step. I do not much money right now. Please Help me about this, which parts one by one I must change. Thanks

View more questions Search