Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karina_17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2013, 09:25 AM
    5 days late, sex before last period, never late. Please help
    Okay so as of today I'm 5 days late on my period which is super not normal for me cause I have NEVER been late, the last time is had sex was 19 days before my last "period" but we used protection although it might have broke and the last time I had unprotected sex was 2 "periods" ago. Nothing in my life has changed and I haven't been stressed. I gained a few pound, been having headaches, breasts are slightly sore and have had slight cramping but I keep thinking these are just signs saying my period is on its way. Can I be pregnant even though I had what was thought to be my period. Im so confused and nervous. Some one please help!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2013, 12:42 PM
    If you have "Never" been late... then you are very young and haven't had your period for all that many years yet... because EVERY woman is late from time to time eventually.

However with that said... pregnancy is very possible condoms are only around 80% effective when used correctly... and if they are getting broken, they aren't being used or handled properly. I can pull one over my head and inflate it several feet long.

That means at least 20% of the time a pregnancy is possible so you should remember this... and consider also using at least one other form of birth control to reduce those numbers even lower. THey will never be zero if you have sex... but they can be much better than condoms only.

Condoms should NEVER be stored in a pocket... a wallet or a car... or any other place that gets hot or extremely cold. They degrade rapidly if they are.

I forgot to add.....5 days is too early to test. You need to be at least 2 weeks late before you test....first thing in the morning...the first time you pee....
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2013, 09:24 PM
    Just too early to test, you have to be at least 2 week late to test. Yes this could be a period coming or pregnancy, the seem the same. Condoms have a 3 to 18 percent failure rate, so it is possible that it failed.

So now you will just have to wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Had protected sex 6 days before expected period, now I am 3 days late. [ 8 Answers ]

I had sex 6 days before the start of my expected period. We did use a condom to be safe. However, now I am 3 days late. Normally, I am never late. And I am almost positive I have a regular 28 day cycle. Help?

I had sex 7 days before my period, now I'm 8 days late. Am I pregnant? [ 16 Answers ]

He hit it from the back lol . We didn't used a condom. It was barley sex, he moved up & down a couple of times. He left his penis in me for a min though... I get cramps, some times I'm bloated then I'm not.. Do u think I'm pregnant or it's to soon to know?

Had sex 5 days before expected period now am 2 days late.. Could I be pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a question as well I had sex 5 days before my expected period, I am now 2 days late, is this possible to be pregnant? I also am unsure because I have a didelphis uterus and am very unsure when I ovulate do to having not one but two uterus! I've been pregnant before so it's super hard to know...

Sex 5 days before period & now 3 days late! HELP? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help? I had sex with my long term fiancé about 5 days before my perido and I'm three days late as of today and last night when I got off work I took a test and it came out negative. Funny part is that I'm never late and we both have a daughter together that's two and not once have I let...

My period is 10 days late, I have never had sex [ 2 Answers ]

Iyaa. I'm 12 and my period is 10 days late, I usually have it on the 24th 25th or 26th every month, I started agess agoo and it has been on one of these dates ever since I have started, I have only ever missed 1 period and that was only because it was he second month and I was new to it all, but...

View more questions Search