Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sannii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2013, 02:57 AM
    The question is about the implant - Contraception.
    I got my implant on the fifth day of my period. Am I protcted from pregnancy immediately?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 26, 2013, 04:55 AM
    No, normally your doctor would recommend no sexual intercourse for 7-14 days to ensure the implant is working as expected.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2013, 05:18 AM
    Agreed, at least 14 days to be safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contraception implant [ 0 Answers ]

I had the implant put in Jan 12 and every month since I've has 2 periods each month, the same time each month until this month. I didn't have my 2nd period last month and haven't had my 1st this month and wondered if I could be prey? I've thought it before bt every time I get my period bt worried...

Implant question? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm on implanon implant and I don't get my period. I had sex and 2 days after I started bleed can I be pregnant or could it just be something else?

Contraception? [ 6 Answers ]

I had sex for the first time on Saturday,it wasn't planned and we didn't use any protection.Is it to late to take the morning after pill?

I think I might be pregnant on the implant answer my question for free [ 2 Answers ]

I have the implant and have for about 9 months now, I last had sex about 4 months ago, and within 2-3 weeks after that had taken about 5-6 home tests but they all came back negative, but I have been putting on a bit of weight and my stomach has got rounder and the other day I was laying down and my...

Alli Pills/Contraception Implant [ 1 Answers ]

Im currently on ALLI pills which are working perfectly for me but I am getting the contraceptive Implant on Monday which I have never had before. My question is, can I get this implant and still use the Alli pills? Any comments welcome Thank you

View more questions Search