Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andyvanday Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2013, 04:22 AM
    I have a spark and fuel to injectors the relay clicks 3 times but still not starting
    I have a honda 1991 civic I have fuel to injectors a spark at the plugs the relay is clicking 3 times but it will not start
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2013, 06:06 AM
    You have little relays that plug in that go bad on these models. You can test them with a meter or switch them around by getting a known good one and replacing them until you find the bad one. You will find them under the hood and under the dashboard. The most common one to go bad is the fuel pump relay.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2013, 09:20 AM
    If the CEL comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), then focus on the distributor. Normally, replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil solves the problem. Be sure to apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new ICM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should there be fuel at the fuel injectors at all time on a 1993 toyota carolla [ 2 Answers ]

There should be fuel at pressure at the fuel rail when the key on engine off if I am not mistaken? On a 1993 toyota carolla. But I do get pressure when cranking, fuel filter pluged?

John deere l110 won't start have spark and fuel back fires at times [ 2 Answers ]

Ran last week parked in shed now won't start back fires has fuel spark everything but won't start or run eventried starting fluid but nothing

A 1994 chevy 1500 4.3 ran fine then lost fuel at the injectors. Got fuel won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Truck cutoff suddenly, lost fuel at the injectors. Put in new fuel pump, no fuel at injectors, put in new cpu, no fuel still, put in new module in distributer, got fuel at the injectors but now truck won't start, engine is in time and I have fire. Any answers please help

94 honda accord no spark no fuel good main relay [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys I just replaced the water pump head gasket timing belt and engine harness on my 94 accord ex. Now I get no spark and fuel. I had the same problem before my mechanic said I had a short in engine harness he ran a wire from where the harness splits by the firewall to the blk & yellow in the...

Trouble Starting, Clicks a few times then starts, power is fine [ 2 Answers ]

Car:Subaru outback, 98 A while back I went to start it and got the 'click' tried again and it started no prob. A few weeks later same thing, but took a few tries to start, was sluggish to start at first but then turned over. Yesterday it did it again. Clicked about 4-5 times, then a little...

View more questions Search