Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2013, 01:53 AM
    Security shield on icon
    Can anybody give me a step by step instructions on how to remove the security shield from a desktop icon,and also what it means and why it's there. THANKS
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 24, 2013, 02:07 AM
    Run Malwarebytes as it sounds like a possible malware nasty.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Jan 10, 2014, 06:56 AM
    The shield just means that that program is going to run with Administrative rights. Most programs have to run with Admin rights to work.
    What is the program's name then I can tell you if it's suspicious.

You can also remove that setting on some programs but is not advised.
    Here is how, Right Click on the Icon and select Properties. Open the compatibility tab. Deselect the bottom option "Run this program as an administrator".

Hope this helps
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit shield [ 1 Answers ]

I was in Dubai for 2 yrs in the same period I am using a credit card of FIRST GULF BANK after certain period I had been terminated from my job due to recession.and also have some amount pending on my Credit card Due to my CREDIT SHIELD was activated on my Credit CARD.so bank ask me to forward a...

How Can I Shield or Replace The Glass Shield in a Single Light 256-759 Track Light [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Hampton Bay Single-Light Track Light (256-759) to be use for my wife's statuettes in a lower bookcase. The light works great but unfortunately, the translucent glass shield around the bulb gives out too much light through the glass and is very distracting when looking at the...

The worth of the black h2 shield [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone says me how many k its worth:note I've buyed it 10k and a pair of red gloves. Help me.thank you.

Pvc shield [ 3 Answers ]

Have just completed a total rip out of a 100 year old mud job bathroom. Have replaced lead trap and all 4inch cast waste line with 4 inch pvc. Question how to protect the pvc in the wall before I rock it up

Soldering heat shield [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to protect wood studs and fiberglass insulation when you are soldering inside wall stud bays ? I have to solder a 1.5 inch elbow and there is only about one half inch between the wood stud and the elbow. Someone told me that aluminum foil is a good heat shield. I have some thin...

View more questions Search