Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa1471 Posts: 181, Reputation: 1
    -

Dec 23, 2013, 05:38 PM
    Is there a reason why a guy keeps saying your name?
    When a female gets a text msg and the guy is saying the females name through out whole text.Would this be considered as a red flag if so and why?I thought at first it was OK but others say only in the initial first text but not every sentence.Sometimes twice in one sentence.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2013, 06:09 PM
    Many men are told, and it is a common custom to use a persons name often.

It is suppose to show that they care for you and are being person.

So at least by my teachings, it is a good thing.

Most girls I have dated in past, complained I did not use their names enough.

Also. It is what they are saying in post, not if they use your name, that you want to consider
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 23, 2013, 06:38 PM
    Was this your husband?
    lisa1471 Posts: 181, Reputation: 1
    -

Dec 23, 2013, 08:45 PM
    Its just something that happened to me and it came up.at work.no wasn't my hubby.just asking why men do this even if just dating
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 26, 2013, 08:14 AM
    Maybe it is the way they talk, I don't see a red flag there although it may be annoying to someone one. I've never known anyone to do that.
    Personally I find texting annoying. If you want to date me, use the phone.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 2, 2014, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa1471 View Post
    Its just something that happened to me and it came up.at work.no wasn't my hubby.just asking why men do this even if just dating
    So you're dating this man? What about your husband and his mistress. Are you guys going to double date, you and your boyfriend, your husband and his mistress. Maybe you can go to church and kiss the people you're cheating with in front of God (reference to your other thread). Why you even bother with Church I don't know.

The guy said your name because that's how he writes, that's what he learned, and that's what he does. Just like you learned that cheating is okay, that your husband having a mistress is okay, and that marriage means nothing at all, is okay.

Frankly, of the two of you, the guy doesn't have any issues. You, you have nothing but issues, not only in your marriage.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 3, 2014, 09:31 AM
    Instead of guessing all the 100 different possibilities, you can always just ask him why he's using your name so often. See how he answers that. His answer will probably be a better indication of whether there is a red flag or not. Rather than pure speculation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Movie where good guy chops bad guy's arm (or hand) off with an axe during a fight [ 2 Answers ]

There is a scene toward the end of the movie where during a fight one guy cuts off the other guy's arm (or hand) with an axe. The injured guy looks at it and exclaims "No f***ing way" because his other arm is gone as well (or he gets a new one).

My friend or aleast my supposed guy friend is ignoring me for no reason [ 1 Answers ]

So my friend I met last year I didn't know who he was until my sister pointed him out. My sister was in the same class as him and her friends knew him as well. So we talked but not a lot only when we saw each other but we joked around. It's not like we just said hi and bye. But everything changed...

Big headed guys in teen body skateboarding. Black guy and a white guy. I don't know the name. [ 2 Answers ]

Wats the name of that song that in the video it has these two guys like skateboarding with big heads in a teen body saying something like I don't want to grow up or something. I've tried vh1.com but nothing because I saw the video on the show like a long while ago and I'm sure the song came out...

Sci fi show with a guy and a girl sort of a police station guy, dwarf always fighting [ 2 Answers ]

Sci-fi TV show series on 1ce a week it was an agency like the police guy and dwarf always fighting on the floor rolling young alburn headed gal captain always grumpy

View more questions Search