Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fitzgerald03849 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2013, 10:56 PM
    Can you help me restore data back from a deleted partition?
    Urgently, I need your guys’ help!
    I recently deleted a drive partition by chance. But, this deleted partition had held a lot of family photos and videos that had not been backed up on another drive. So, I was wondering whether there is a way for me to restore my photos and videos back. Do you have any idea? How can I get them all back? Thanks in advance!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 23, 2013, 05:42 AM
    You MIGHT be able to recover them by sending the disk to a professional recovery service. But that will be expensive.

https://www.inforetrieval.com/hard-d...FU_NOgod3T8Aag is one place.
    Adonis2625 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2013, 08:27 PM
    There are two ways for you to go on:

1). Apply a third-party data recovery program

Even thorough your partition has been deleted, your stored data on this deleted partition may be still there. As long as it is not overwritten it with any new file, you do have chances to take it all back with a third party data recovery program. Have you heard of any efficient data recovery program?

If not, you may firstly try some data recovery freeware available online, such as Recuva, TestDisk, iCare Data Recovery Free, Power Data recovery and more.

2). Ask an experienced expert for help.

But, if a data recovery program cannot make a difference, you’d better as an experienced expert for help. They always have their own professional ways to get back data for you. Of course, that may also cost a lot. You should know that.

PS: If you really don’t want to encounter the similar data recovery problems, I hope you can learn a valuable lesson to back up everything important on separate drives in the future.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2013, 12:53 PM
    You might try "Partition Find & Mount" located here.

I don't have any experience with this, but I hope it can help you.
    WallyH
    Abra78ham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2014, 08:23 PM
    According to your description, I think you can do two steps to fix your problems completely!

Step1: Get back your photos and videos as you wish. In your case, you always can apply a third party data recovery program to get back your deleted data on this partition, such as the above mentioned Recuva, TestDisk and free 4Card Recovery, etc.

But, if data recovery program cannot rescue your data back, you may have to ask a professional data recovery company for help.

Step2: Restore this deleted partition back in Disk Management.
    If you still want to use this deleted partition again, you can easily re-create it in Disk Management:
    Right click“My Computer” to select “Manage”=> Choose “Disk Management” => Right click the deleted partition and hit “New Logical Drive” on the list => format it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to format an existing partition-there is data in it - [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 os running both are winxp pro how to remove one of them and format that partition to use it as a storage

I lost my data on my extended partition [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I need somebody to help me recover my data from a backup. The problem is this: Before installing Windows 2000, I made two partitions on my hard drive A primary partition "C:"in which I installed the opearting system And a logical "extended" partition"D:" in which I saved all my...

View more questions Search