Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benalikhoney Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2013, 02:52 PM
    Do I need religion?
    I should know why the human need religion?
    And where is come from?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2013, 03:21 PM
    Usually religion is wanted to help answer the "big" questions in life -- why am I here on Earth, where will I go after I die, why do bad things happen to good people, why do people seem to get away with doing bad things and even prosper from that, etc.

Have you ever wondered about the answers to those questions? If so, how did you find answers that satisfied you? (or did you?)

Where did religion come from? People of faith say their god(s) gave laws or rules or important words/explanations to certain men on Earth to write down and tell the rest of us.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 22, 2013, 03:40 PM
    Humans need religion to allay their fears of the unknown. Primitive humans did not know about the weather or meteorology so most of their religions focused on the sky, as the most impressive "unknowns" were daylight, darkness, wind, thunder, and lightning. As humans learned more about nature, the sky gods became more spiritual. Humans have recently (the last century or so) learned enough to think they can learn everything and claim to have no need for faith any longer. Other humans disagree.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 24, 2013, 09:18 AM
    Every group, region, culture have their own traditions, and rules for observance of their religious views, some for decades, and centuries. Each individual human has a choices as to what kind of relationship they have in whatever reality they live that provides them with good orderly direction, or NOT.

Religion is made up of humans, and humans are flawed. We strive for perfection but the journey is seldom smooth, and some humans are more religious than others. Depends on what you are looking for, and how you deal with what you find. To each his own.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2013, 10:20 AM
    I and many of my friends and family have no need for religion. One must remember that the default position when we are born is being non-religious, it's a man-made learned trait.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2013, 12:59 PM
    “There is no ordering of the State so just that it can eliminate the need for a service of love. Whoever wants to eliminate love is preparing to eliminate man as such. There will always be suffering which cries out for consolation and help. There will always be loneliness. There will always be situations of material need where help in the form of concrete love of neighbour is indispensable. The State which would provide everything, absorbing everything into itself, would ultimately become a mere bureaucracy incapable of guaranteeing the very thing which the suffering person—every person—needs: namely, loving personal concern”.
    {'Deus Caritas Est' Pope Benedict }
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2013, 08:14 PM
    No one needs religion.

Man needs God to save him from the evil of the world
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2014, 05:25 PM
    Religion is a response to attempting to understand the inexplicable, but God has revealed himself to us through the centuries seeking relationship. When primative man finds something greater than himself he tends to worship it and to replace it over time. Right now we are in a time of man worshiping himself through the religion of secular humanism

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are some similar in the newer religion and the older religion [ 2 Answers ]

What are some similar between the newer and older religions?

Religion or not religion. That is the big Q [ 33 Answers ]

Personally, I think an all seeing , all powerful, all knowing, invisible god of any religion has finnaly been recognised by many people for what it truly is. An invention of man with all his insecurities, the hope that his god will look after him in times of trouble. Well its time to wake up and I...

Gender equality in religion in the islamic religion [ 0 Answers ]

Is there any gender equality in the muslim religion

Which Religion? [ 12 Answers ]

Religion is brilliant isn't it? All those miracles and that, and I love the singing. My question is simple - which is the best religion at the moment? I know that Kabbalah and Scientology are very current. Any suggestions?

Religion [ 9 Answers ]

Well, I was not raised in church, My in-laws quilted me into it when I was about 21. I believed every thing I heard for years, I tried to "prove" it. I felt like I had to see evidence of the spirit. I rasied two kids in church until they were old even to make up their own mind. THEN I started...

View more questions Search