Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nise5280 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2013, 03:33 AM
    HELP Please! High-altitude Divinity
    I need to try and save some Divinity I purchased! Trying to hold up a 24-yr old tradition between my Mom & my Husband (Mom isn't cooking this year). So I get on the phone -- a bunch of phone calls & one expensive candy store later, I got home with two pounds of what I see now is chewy, and not at all what I described or expected. When you pull on it, it sort of acts like melted mozzerella. When you pinch a piece, it doesn't fall apart. It's also not fluffy at all. If I leave it out in the air to dry for a day or so, will it turn into Divinity? Oh, I should also say that I live in Colorado at high-altitude. I thank anyone who answers this question! Nise5280
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 22, 2013, 03:39 AM
    There's seems to be many different forms of this candy and it's really a case of making it the way YOU prefer.
    There's lots of links online, here's a quick one I found: http://candy.about.com/od/sugarcandy/r/divinity.htm
    Nise5280 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2013, 03:43 AM
    Thank you Mr BOfH for the very quick answer! I will go visit the link you sent me now & see if there's some kind of help in it. Nise5280

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Altitude of 9000 ft--can an elderly person with a history of TIAs go to this altitude [ 0 Answers ]

Person is sedentary,is 83,has had one TIA this past 6 months. Carotids are good.

A triangle has a base 12 feet long and an altitude 8 feet high. Find the area of the [ 1 Answers ]

A triangle has a base 12 feet long and an altitude 8 feet high. Find the area of the largest rectangle that can be inscribed in the triangle so that the base of the rectangle falls on the base of the triangle.

Violent downshift at high altitude. [ 0 Answers ]

What would cause a 1996 Ford Windstar that I purchased In 1998 to regularly downshift violently at 6000 feet, but show no symptoms at 1000 feet altitude. This occurs primarily when slowing to make a turn and then stepping on the gas? It has done this for all the years I have owned it.

When Baking, is "High Altitude" Considered to be from Sea Level or Ground Level? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, All! The title is my basic question. I see this a lot on the packages of things that we might bake about options to use if we would like what we might bake to be a certain way according to whether we're baking at a high altitude or not. Where I live, we're over 5,000 feet above sea...

View more questions Search