Ask
    eddiegdog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2013, 12:04 AM
    My 1999 honda accord stalls on street and highways
    My car started to stall what can be the problem
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2013, 05:21 AM
    Focus on the distributor. Usually, replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil solves the problem. Be sure to apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new ICM. This is the ideal time to replace the rotor and distributor cap, if they have not been changed in 60,000 miles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 honda accord stalls while running [ 3 Answers ]

99 honda accord lx stalls while driving, it will start back on after a few minutes. It normally does it after being park for a few hrs. then driving it again will get stall for sure. It does on the Fwy and on the streets.

1999 honda accord ex 4 cyl 210,00 miles engine stalls while running around 40 mph [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1999 honda accord ex 4 cyl with 210,00 miles on it. Engine model is F23A4. In the past one year, I have installed new distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires, spark plugs and recently timing belt and water pump. In the last 2 months, I noticed four times that my car engine stalled while...

1999 honda accord stalls while driving. Already replaced main relay. [ 2 Answers ]

Main relay just replaced. Seems to stall now when slowing down. Green Key light comes on. When attempting to re-start, it turns over, does not seem to catch, and dies out. After 3 to 6 attempts, it will start. When stalls, all electrical goes off.

1999 Honda Civic LX automatic stalls [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Honda Civic, 110,000 miles that occasionally (every 3-4 months) stalls. Once at a stop light, once while driving decelerating to turn, once after sitting all night in garage. All three times it started after a few minutes. I have heard that after 10-12 years electrical parts should...

1999 Accord Stalls while stoping! [ 3 Answers ]

My 1999 Accord Stalls while stoping!! There was a recall on the ignition switch which I got replaced. So while driving when I stop at a signal, the car stalles.so then I start the car and hold the key and drive. I was told to check the ignition problem by starting the car then wiggling the car...

View more questions Search