Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZEIGETE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2013, 12:28 PM
    Failure to Yield
    I just received a Failure to Yield Right of Way ticket in Huntsville, Al. The policeman pulled me over and told me that I had pulled out in front of a car.
    He asked me where what building did I pull out of and I said I had just a company and gave him the name. I told him that turn right out of the company after I saw a white car coming, when it passed I looked back to left again and there wasn't a car visible so I turned right on to the street. After he gives me the ticket he says you have to stop in a private drive and look twice not just roll out. There was a police office in the car with the policeman. My question is he had to ask me where I came out of and then he said I didn't stop in the private drive but just rolled out on to the street. Isn't this contradictory on his part? I had to come to a complete stop to let the white car pass me and for me to look to see if anyone was coming. Can I fight this ticket?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2013, 12:32 PM
    You can fight it, doesn't mean you will win. Just because the office asked you where you came from, doesn't mean he didn't see you. He may have asked for verification purposes.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 20, 2013, 01:50 PM
    It's always worth it to try to fight a ticket. I have twice in my life, and received concessions each time. Taking time off, waiting in line, and so on - I think that means something to the judge.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2013, 02:30 PM
    You won't win, but you may get less points or a lower fine.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2013, 02:59 AM
    If the officer does not show up, ( if your state requires officer to be present) you may win.

If this officer has had problem with false tickets in past. You may win.
    If you had witnesses, you may win.

You have to come to a complete stop, no requirement to look both ways twice. Law is that you come to a complete stop.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2013, 06:02 AM
    I have had clear wins about 3 times out 5 total in 51 years of driving.
    The other two were reduction of fines and no points. Depends on your driving record too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Failure to yield ticket? [ 18 Answers ]

My son was issued a failure to yield ticket when he turned left on a green light. The oncoming car began to speed up (it was on a curve) and proceeded to honk at my son. There was no accident and my son continued his direction; however, he was pulled over a few moments later and given a failure...

Failure-to-Yield Ticket [ 4 Answers ]

I was recently in a car accident. I was approaching an intersection and I had a yield sign. There were two cars parked on the right side of the corner I was approaching. The car closest to the intersection was parked very close to the corner, blocking my view. I yielded from the point of the yield...

Failure to yield ticket [ 1 Answers ]

This past week our son was traveling in the left lane of traffic and going the speed limit when a sports car in front of him decided to slam on the brakes. Our son hit his brakes to avoid hitting the car. As he did, his car suddenly pulled hard to the left causing him to go into oncoming traffic...

Failure to yield ticket? [ 3 Answers ]

I had pulled left into a driveway to preform a turn about, I waited for the cars on my side to pass before pulling out of the driveway, and then I pulled out, then a female driver 20-years-of-age came around the bend as I was stopping to shift into drive and thought that I was going to hit her and...

Failure-to-yield ticket [ 3 Answers ]

I was turning left onto a busy street with lights. 2 lanes going north and south, 2 lanes going east and west. I was heading north, and turning to go west. Just as I pulled up to the light, it turned yellow. I quickly looked to see if I had time to make the light because I was slightly in the...

View more questions Search