Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shaneomack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2013, 03:10 PM
    New ignition coil in my 1999 Civic LX and my car still won't start?
    I just installed a new ignition coil in my 1999 civic LX and my car still won't start! It wants to but it isn’t turning over! Any clue?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2013, 10:14 PM
    If the Check Engine Light comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), then focus on the distributor. Normally, replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) solves the problem. Be sure to apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new ICM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 honda accord ex v6 it was raining out now my car won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I go to start my car after light rain last night and I had a light on in the car for 30 seconds {brand new battery} when I went to start all lights shut and no power what so ever to the car.. I went to start it this morning and now the lights will come on but the car won't turn over at all... any...

1999 honda civic won't start [ 12 Answers ]

My 99 honda civic has 160000 miles, never gave me any problems before, till yeaterday. I could not start the car, the starter turns over, but would not crank over, had to tow it to the local repair shop. The mechanic thought it was the distributor, but that wasn't it. He now thinks it's the...

1999 Honda Civic won't start. Tried eveything [ 5 Answers ]

My 1999 Honda civic 1.6 8valve will not start. I have checked everything I can think of. I have good spark and plenty of fuel on all four cylinders. My timing belt is on and appears to be in good shape. I don't think it could have jumped a tooth. I have tried to follow Txgreasemonkeys advice and...

My 1999 Honda Civic won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My 1999 honda civic with 175,000 miles won't start. Pprior to this problem I started to experience a jerking movement upon accelaration while driving. Also when the clutch was disengage or in neutral I still had that jerking movement. I changed the timing belt at 90,000 miles. Now when I crank up...

1999 honda civic lx won't start [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone help? We have spark and fuel I've had the igniton control mod tested checked fuses checked timing by turning distributor while someone is trying to start the car checked proper firing order but still all it does is turn before the car stopped running I was told that it was losing power...

View more questions Search