Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aspyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2013, 05:43 AM
    Potty Training my 8 week old rottie
    Hi, I have an 8 week old rott pup and we have had him for about 4 days now. The first night he was in the kennel and did really good about whimpering for us to let him out to potty. The second night we fell asleep with him in out bed and he did really good as well. The third night he wasn't feeling well and was going potty a lot, having some diahhrea and had an accident. Now last night he was back in the kennel and has diahhrrea so bad he is pooping in there at least 2 times as well as outside. He is going poop like evrry 30 minutes and bleeding a little when he poops. I don't know what to do or how to stop him from bleeding and pooping so much.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 19, 2013, 06:10 AM
    This is not about potty training.

You need to take him to the vet. Blood in his stools/bleeding while pottying and constant diarrhea are signs that he is sick. Only a vet can tell you what is causing him to be sick.

Young pups like young babies dehydrate very quickly and can go from okay to extremely ill (death's door) in a matter of hours.

Has he had any of his vaccinations? Have you made an appointment for a well puppy visit and his next set of vaccinations?
    Aspyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2013, 07:40 AM
    He has had the parvo shot. And we have given him a dewormer. Early this morning was the first timw I saw any blood. He is drinking water all day and will eat, bur we are holding back on the food in case rhe diahrrea was from the food change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    This is not about potty training.

You need to take him to the vet. Blood in his stools/bleeding while pottying and constant diarrhea are signs that he is sick. Only a vet can tell you what is causing him to be sick.

Young pups like young babies dehydrate very quickly and can go from okay to extremely ill (death's door) in a matter of hours.

Has he had any of his vaccinations? Have you made an appointment for a well puppy visit and his next set of vaccinations?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Dec 20, 2013, 05:39 AM
    The answer is still the same, consult your vet, a puppy this young has very little reserve.
    The diarrhea needs to be addressed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Potty training issues-8 week old chihuahua [ 0 Answers ]

I have an 8 week old chihuahua puppy. I am having issues getting her to poop outside. She will pee every time I take her out but she will not poop. I have caught her numerous times pooping in the same spot in my house, I clap my hands to startle her an then tell her no an take her ourside. As soon...

Potty training 8 week old- sleeping through the night [ 3 Answers ]

We just adopted an 8 week old mutt from a rescue center. We are crate training her. Is she too young to leave in the crate all night? She wakes up at 2am and cries, barks, and whimpers very loudly. We've gotten up and taken her out (she doesn't go). When we try and get her back in the crate...

Potty issues with adopted rottie [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a 24 week old rottweiler that managed to stay healthy through an awful ordeal with parvo and my doberman puppy. She ended up passing away a little over a month ago.We decided it was time to get another dog mainly to keep him occupied during the day when we're at work. We got...

Potty Training my 12-week Labrador [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new 12-week old lab puppy who is having some housebreaking issues. At weeks 10 and 11 he was sleeping through the night fine and waking up at about 6 to eat and go the bathroom. Over the past two weeks he gets up at 1am, 3am, and then again at 6am. When we let him out at 1am and 3am, he...

10 week Rottie pooping in crate [ 3 Answers ]

I have seen lots of these questions and have tried everything (but the rescue remedy I read about) to get our puppy to make it to 3am. He has one place to poop outside (though sometimes just wants to play), we are always out with him and put him to bed around 11. We also have tried the talk radio...

View more questions Search