Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    medicrose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2013, 02:55 AM
    Hot water baseboard heat not heating one room
    We have 3 zones on our boiler. The one in question runs the kitchen, living room, office and the master bedroom. The master bedroom is always 10-15 degrees colder than the rest of the house. The baseboard pipes are sometimes cold, sometimes warm but never hot. The boiler is approx 10 years old. Unsure if this was a problem before because we just bought the house from my aunt AND the house was remodeled before we bought it. Before the remodel the master bedroom was a living room and open to the rest of the house. A wall was added closing it off and ever since then it has been cold. There is no basement under the affected bedroom, it is a deep crawlspace (unheated) and 3 of 4 of the walls are exterior walls (north, east and west). Any help diagnosing or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 21, 2013, 07:14 AM
    I would try shutting down the other two zone thermostats and then increasing the setting on the cold zone. Then see if your boiler is firing to provide heat. Also see if you can hear the circulating pump runnning as well. If possible folow the water lines to the affected to zone to see if there are any bypass valves that may be restricting or diverting heat. Post back with your results. It would be helpful to know if there is adequate baseboard registers as well. It is possible to keep remodeling costs down this part of the job was "skimped".
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2013, 12:34 PM
    You can also try taking the covers off the baseboard & looking on the ends for any type of bleeders. If you have what is called a mono or diverter tee system, there could be air trapped in that section of baseboard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the use of Anti-Freeze in a hot water baseboard heating system reduce the heat [ 0 Answers ]

Does the use of Cyro-Tek-100 reduce the heat output in a baseboard hot water heating system ?

Bleeding a baseboard hot water heating system [ 2 Answers ]

I have a oil fired hot water boiler with baseboard heating. I have to replace the circulator and want to know how to bleed the system and then refill it when I am done. What is the proper procedure for this and what tools will I need?

Hot water baseboard heating problems [ 1 Answers ]

Why my hot water boiler is working good but the hot water don't circulated ? Please help ,thanks?

Hot water baseboard heating problems [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying a house with 5 zone hotwater baseboard. There are two walls that have runs of 6 & 8 foot of baseboard. I want to remove both of these walls to create an open floor plan. There will be a couple of shorter walls obviously supporting the house :) My question is: are there units that can be...

Hot water baseboard heating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 zone baseboard hot water heating system. When the thermostats call for heat and the zone valves open, there is a loud thumping and the pipes vibrate. This is a momentary problem when the valve first opens and has only recently happened. The system is 2 years old with no other problems.

View more questions Search