Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Habsgirl3 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2013, 07:17 PM
    Still Crying
    My parents have been divorced for about 8 months. My dad has a girlfriend they both have their own houses and they get along fine. As far as a divorce goes theirs was about as clean as it gets. But that doesn't make it any easier. I would like to say that I'm totally adapted or that I will adapt soon but I don't think I ever will fully adapt. My parents were the constant things in my life and now they're not. I still cry sometimes and only sometimes because I just try to avoid thinking about their divorce and therefore avoid the crying. I act like I'm okay with everything butt I'm not. Will I ever be okay? Will I ever get over it? I just want things back how they were with my happy family together again. I know you might say it's for the best but it has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through. Help me cope please. I need advice on how to adjust to this completely
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 22, 2013, 06:18 PM
    I think in time you will realize that your parent were not happy with each other and accept that they still love you and you will be happy yourself as you get use to the new arrangement. It's difficult now because its still pretty fresh and a hard thing to accept probably because maybe you thought things were happier than they were so you were protected by them.

Reality is it just will take a lot of time to reach the point they have already. Talking to them may help over time to understand their situation with each other. You re still a family, just no longer all under the same roof. They know they will always be connected by you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I keep crying [ 7 Answers ]

I have been coming home everyday from school, or anywhere I may be, get to my room and just start crying. I cry all the time, and I just have this weird feeling in my chest all the time like pressure, or like my heart is just dropping. I really do not like myself, I don't like my legs, my nose, my...

Looks like I am crying! [ 5 Answers ]

I at least sometime in every season... though gladly not all the time... have tearing in both of my eyes. If I do not constantly wipe them away, I have tears streaming down my face. It also happens when I yawn. Any advice, or anyone with the same problem?

I keep crying? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 19, female and I keep crying recently but I don't know why. Im in a happy relationship with my boyfriend. I work 5 shifts a week and uni 5 days a week. I hate uni but things are sorting itself out and work is stressful but I've always coped but the past couple months have been crying loads...

Crying After I ? Why? [ 16 Answers ]

After a full blown orgasum I sometimes starting bawling? Does anyone know why this happens to me? I curl up into a ball and just cry until I feel like I'm mellow again. :confused:

I keep crying [ 10 Answers ]

I keep on crying and I don't know why. I've struggling at home and school. This could be why but I keep crying over stupid things like burning my toast or not having any credit on my mobile. I feel so stupid. No-one else knows how I feel and I don't know what to do. Does anyone know why I'm feeling...

View more questions Search