Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karensaccord Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2013, 01:54 PM
    91 accord lx, sometimes won't start
    Bought my car used about a month ago. Replaced blown valve cover gasket. Spark plugs were soaked in oil, but after cleaning them off it ran OK but did idle rough. After about a week of driving it like that, there are occasions that it doesn't want to start. 1st time it happened I only had to turn it over twice and it started. 2nd time it took several times and about 15 minutes of waiting. Replaced plugs and wires and the same thing happened. I have all the lights and sounds, it tries to start but sometimes won't until I turn it over a few times. Doesn't turn over real slow and no clicking. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2013, 02:09 PM
    If the Check Engine Light consistently comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), then focus on the distributor. Usually, replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil inside the distributor solves the problem. Be sure to apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new ICM. Old rotors and distributor caps often cause ICMs and coils to fail. Hence, this is the ideal time to replace these components, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 accord won't start [ 19 Answers ]

I have a 92 Honda accord and we can't get it started. We've looked at/changed the distributor, coil, spark plugs and wires, main relay, fuel pump/relay and still won't start I'm getting spark and its firing but still can't get It running..

96 honda accord won't start, won't turn over [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 honda accord ex and I drove it to work tonight just fine, haven't had any problems with it. Worked my shift tonight and when I went to start it after work it wouldn't start. All of the dashlights and the headlights came on but I couldn't hear the fuel pump turn on and it won't turn over...

1992 accord lx won't start clucks but won't fire [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1992 honda accord lx I just replaced the distributor now it cranks but won't start. What could it be with the key in the 2 position the cel comes on for 2 seconds clicks as it turns off.

92 accord won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have checked the battery, starter, solenoid, starter switch and have checked continuity from the solenoid to where the wire disappears into the firewall. What else could it be? I am going to get a starter relay but do not know the location of it in the car. Any body have a clue? I have just...

98 accord won't start [ 3 Answers ]

My son has a 98 accord. He washed it yesterday and now it won't start. It cranks normally but nothing more. He didn't wash anything under the hood. He washed it no more than a good rainfall. I read in some forums that cars don't start in the heat. Ive never heard of that before. It may be...

View more questions Search