Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hardtimes123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2013, 10:35 AM
    My ceiling fan remote not working
    My designer choice ceiling fan remote works to fan and the lights will come on low but I can not get it to raise the briteness. I have another one in the other room it work fine. I want to use that remote to see if it will work the other fan. But I can't remember how to change the transmitter signal to work the other one
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Dec 22, 2013, 08:15 PM
    As per the previous reply, if you need a new remote try one of these universal remotes and let us know if it worked...

Universal remote replacements for Designer's Choice ceiling fan

If you need a new receiver, there are some receiver kits made by Hampton bay and Hunter that work with most fans. The universal Hampton Bay receiver + remote kit is supposed to work with over 95% of fans (of all brands, not just Hampton Bay).
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 22, 2013, 08:44 PM
    The light key on many ceiling fan remotes is also a dimmer, try pressing and holding the light key to see if it increases the brightness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote quit working fan on [ 5 Answers ]

How can I get the remote control to start working again on my Harbor Breeze ceiling fan? I turned on the fan on my Harbor Breeze ceiling fan then a few minutes later tried to turn it off and the remote control will no longer operate the fan or light. The battery seems to be good but no response...

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote is not working and I cnt turn fan off is there a way t [ 2 Answers ]

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote not working and can not turn fan off what can I do?

Ceiling fan with remote not working [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan that is not working. The fan is remote-controlled; it does not have a pull-chain. It also has a switch on the wall, over which the remote can mount for storage. I tried to turn the fan on using the wall switch and heard a slight "pop." Now, no combination of the wall...

Ceiling fan remote not working [ 1 Answers ]

How do I determine if the ceiling fan remote is working,it is a halsey ceiling fan. Replaced battery and still won't work

Ceiling Fan Remote not working [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan last year today it wouldn't come on and I noticed the red wire is out of the back of the remote.. is there any way to fix that.. or should I just go buy a new remote... Thanks for any help. :)

View more questions Search