Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Dec 17, 2013, 10:14 PM
    Is my Fax/Printer Useless w/Wireless Home Phone?
    I want to Fax. Can I, since I got rid of my land-line phone there is no dial tone to use. How can I still send a fax?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 17, 2013, 10:16 PM
    It's not likely that you can.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 18, 2013, 06:40 AM
    Use efax.com

Dec 18, 2013, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Use efax.com
    Scott not the sharpest knife in the drawer, using efax can I send a fax if the person doesn't have a computer? I understand how it would work puter to puter not every-one
    With a fax number is online. Don't send a fax very often in fact it is so seldom that I have to get the instructions out and try to remember how it is done. Of course with
    No phone line or dial tone guess I need to get my land-line back as soon as possible.
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 18, 2013, 10:54 AM
    Yes, the way efax works is you upload a document to them. I believe they accept several types of formats. You give them the phone number of the recipient's fax machine and they will fax it to the recipient. I believe you can do a small number of faxes per month free. So if you fax infrequently, it may not cost anything (definitely less than a landline). Plus they give you a number where you can receive faxes as well.

Dec 18, 2013, 02:58 PM
    Very Helpful. Will check it out, you are right would be cheaper than a new land-line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

(printer/scanner/copier/fax) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Team, Actually I want to buy printer but I'm confused with 2 models. Can u differentiate between these both and let me know which is the best. 1 Canon MX 308 - All in One (printer/scanner/copier/fax) 2

Connect to wireless printer and wireless router at the same time [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I can connect wirelessly to my router and I can connect wirelessly to my pinter one at a time. If I'm browsing the internet and want to print I have to break my connection to the router and connect to the printer. This is a pain in the .(especially when listening to pandora radio) ...

How do I eliminate/rewire my DSL/Fax line to home phone line? [ 1 Answers ]

Line 1 is a Verizon DSL/dedicated fax line in my office. Line 2 is my home phone. It would cost $95 for Verizon to come to my home for approx. 10 minutes or less to rewire the DSL/Fax so I can eliminate the extra (fax) line. Do I rewire through the NI box on the outside of my home? Any phone...

Fax/copier/printer [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I do not know if this post will end up in the right spot-I am trying to buy a fax/copier/printer that is compatible with a mac osx easy to use-etc Any suggestions between a canon a brother ?I have a small business - mostly send pdfs but need to replace an old Brother- Thank you

View more questions Search