Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stephankki85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2013, 08:54 PM
    Vaginal bleeding
    I am currently using the birth control pill. My period pills were at the beginning of the month. I was still 2 days late and it only lasted 2 days. 2 days ago I started bleeding again at times it's a heavy bright red and other times is spotting pink or brown color. I took a cheap pregnancy test and it came back negative. What could be wrong and what should I do?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 17, 2013, 09:10 PM
    Do you take your pill ever day, never missing a day, always at the same time? If not, that can cause issues, one of which is an off period, or break through bleeding.

Pregnancy is always a possibility any time you have sex. Since you didn't mention dates for your period, or when you tested, there's really no way to know if you tested too soon. It sounds like you did though.

Wait until your period is at least two weeks late, in this case at least 2 weeks after this unusual bleeding. When you test, make sure to use first morning urine.

Another idea is to discuss this with your doctor, it could be that this pill isn't right for you.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 17, 2013, 10:39 PM
    I agree, first guess was missed pills. But it can be 100's of things, a pregnancy test needs to be 2 week after period due date

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal bleeding [ 4 Answers ]

I have had two episodes of fairly heavy vaginal bleeding in the last week, passing fairly good sized clots each time. Should I go to er

Vaginal Bleeding Or Vaginal Discharge Am I Sick? PLEASE HELP ME! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and on Friday 1/27/2012 I went to go use the bathroom when I wiped I found this clear jelly-like substance with blood on the paper. Again today 1/29/2012 the same thing happened but the color changed too a very light yellow still with blood. The blood isn't heavy it just looks like...

Vaginal bleeding [ 0 Answers ]

Bleeding with small blood clots after a day after intercourse

Vaginal Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I have been experiencing unusual vaginal bleeding for six months and would like to get advice in regards to my situation. I do not have insurance or income, I am a stay at home mother with a disabled husband...

View more questions Search