Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2013, 06:20 PM
    Girlfriend wants to join the army,
    My girlfriend has previously mentioned joining the army. She lied to me 'supposedly' to stop me from being upset. This will mean she will be gone (England) for the best of four years. I have said I would not stick around for her if she were to join as the general consensus is she would not be able to see me ever if at all. She said however if I had told her I would not have broken up with her if she joined she wouldn't leave me.

I think that is unreasonable? I am totally in love. We spend every day together (yes unhealthy) so I think its reasonable to be very upset if the girlfriend you thought might be ready to spend her life with you decides to up and leave. I'm really not sure how to deal with my girlfriend right now and whether to finish things with her (she has an interview very soon which she will pass) or to carry on and hope she changes her mind? The worst thing is we both have a holiday booked together in 4 months cost in over $1000.

I don't want to lose her as she has become my life, but I don't want to up and leave the girl I love.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 17, 2013, 08:42 PM
    Oh calm down and be cool and see what she does. Frankly you should hope she takes the opportunity to ground her life for a solid future. She is 20, and needs to find where her path lies and not blow it for a boyfriend she has only known since September(?).

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ed-767176.html

After a hard breakup before summer(?).

I think you are way to attached too soon my emotional friend. Just saying.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 17, 2013, 10:43 PM
    I agree, your closeness and attachment, so fast, seeing every day, may be scaring her away.

And if she is wanting to do this, and it is her goal, a boyfriend of 2 months will not stop her.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 17, 2013, 10:49 PM
    I agree with Tal. Why should she plan her future around you? It's not like the two of you are married, you're only dating, and you haven't been dating that long. She has to plan her life without you in mind, and if you really cared about her, you'd encourage her to follow her dreams, instead of threatening to dump her if you don't get your way.

Why not make plans for your future instead of trying to hold her back from hers?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How fit do you have to be to join the army? [ 3 Answers ]

I've always been a little overweight, and I don't exercise at all, and I was just wondering how fit you have to be to join.

Can people with 'flat feet' join the Canadian Forces (Army) ? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to join, but my dad says you can't join if you have 'flat feet'. He was in the army in the 80's for 7 years. Have things changed since then? I have orthodox if that helps. Thanks.

Can I join the army opposed to serving 3 years probation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone out there, I had a question that I hope someone can answer for me. I kind of had a troubled youth, as a juvinile I have 3 felonies. One of them is theft 2nd degree, burglary 2nd degree, and taking a motor vehicle without the owners permission. These felonie occurred when I was 14,and 16...

Joint cusotdy agreement, I would like to join the Army. [ 4 Answers ]

I have joint custody with my ex husband, I have physical custody. This arrangement was established during our divorce in Maryland. We both agreed to relocate and modify visitation. I live in Ohio, but my ex lives in Colorado. Since our relocation, he has exercised very little of his visitation, he...

I want my boyfriend to join the army [ 6 Answers ]

I was reading about the benefits of joining the army.. as well as the possible struggles.. With both our personalities I believe the military life would be beneficial to us both, together. But how do I go about mentioning this to my boyfriend without him thinking I'm pushing the idea on him? He...

View more questions Search