Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danball Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Installing tub on a concrete slab
    What would I need to have done before the concrete is poured for the floor?
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2007, 12:07 AM
    Have a drain, vent and trap arm already installed at least six inches below the slab and have a 12x12 buckout for the trap and waste and overflow.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 1, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Let me add a bit to the great answer growler gave you. The trap raiser should be centered 15 1/2" off the side wall and 1 1/2" off the front plate.
    There! Now you have it all. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Waste Pipe in a Concrete Slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am extending my shed and adding an outside Bathroom, with a toilet, shower and basin. The flooe will be poured concrete. My questions are 1. Do I need to cover the Pipe before I pour the concrete 2. What drop / sloop needs to be in the waste pipe 3. How far should the waste pipes be below the...

Installing shower or tub on concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

mattp New Member Join Date: Nov 2006 Posts: 1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am getting started on installing a full bath in my basement and I am some what intimidated by the tub/shower situation. I have a rough in for the tub...

Installing a toilet in concrete slab [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, This is a great forum. I was wondering if you could offer me some advice? I am converting part of my garage into a bathroom. I will be busting up the concrete and running a new 3'' pipe for the toilet. My question is regarding the vent. How far away can I be really? There is an existing...

Installing a bathtub on a concrete slab [ 3 Answers ]

I have a toilet in the basement with proper vent. I want to add a bathtub near the toilet. After I jackhammer up the concrete and install the tub trap and drainage into the toilet drain, how do I seal the floor under the tub? The outside part is open and it should be easy to pour concrete mix and...

Installing a bathtub on a concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a tub to existing plumbing, but it's on a concrete slab. We've jackhammered the concrete so that I have enough room underneath to put in the drain and p-trap, but am I going to have to buy the tub, set it in place, hook up the plumbing and then remove it to replace the concrete?

View more questions Search