Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Quest1970 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2013, 04:56 PM
    Wife has a male gay friend and I have a non-gay female friends
    My wife has a male gay friend that she is very chummy with. At times it makes me uncomfortable how well they get along. I do not feel threatened although I do feel cheated at times. When we were younger we had good times in the same fashion that they share minus the sexual factor. We have been married over 20 years and in my opinion we have a very good relationship. In regards to me I have female friends but I do not go out with them because it may make my wife uncomfortable. I am now reconsidering going out with these friends because I feel what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I want to know know your opinions in regards to this subject. Gay friend vs non-gay friends of the opposite sex. Thanks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 17, 2013, 05:19 PM
    Ask your wife before you take revenge for what makes you uncomfortable. That's the way I would handle it. Maybe you need reassurance for whatever reason.

I do not feel threatened although I do feel cheated at times.
    Why? My wife and I both have gay/non gay friends. Both sexes. Fail to see what difference it makes. But then we know each others friends fairly well. We have always talked and defined the boundaries of good behavior, and are always fair to each other.

Why is this a big deal and why do you feel cheated? How does she feel about you partying or whatever with your female friends? Does she know them well?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 17, 2013, 05:20 PM
    First - your straight female friends are not the same as her gay female friends. So no, that's out.
    Second, this isn't a case for retaliation. It's something that needs to be talked about. A spouse can be just as jealous of time spent with someone a lot as they can over a sexual encounter. Sit down with her and tell her how you feel left out, unappreciated, whatever it is you feel. Do it in a productive way, such as working out a compromise on time. And you need to have more male friends, since it seems you don't have lesbian friends! Go do guy things with your buddies. If you just don't have any, start finding some. Neighbors, people at work?
    So she cuts back a little to spend more time with you, and you get out more with other guys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend has a 3 gay friends is he down low or secretly gay? [ 15 Answers ]

Well I been on and off with my boyfriend for 7 years. I have always thought he was very manly. Until I met Charley his openly gay friend. He and Charley have known one another for about 10 plus years.There have been rumors from family members, friends, and the mother of his two kids that he and...

Gay guy in love with his straight male friend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is John and in love with my straight friend we had gay sex together for about three years one night he was at his work and his girlfriend came over to his apt and he let her in while he was at work she open his computer and found email between the two of us talking dirty what we do to...

I'm a girl, and had sex with my gay male best friend. [ 11 Answers ]

Well, here's the story about us. We're both in high school. He claims he's gay, he's been with girls before but it was years ago.We've been friends for about 6 months, and in those few months we have became extremley close. He's going through a hard time with his family & a bunch of other problems,...

Do I start with my gay friend or my gay friends crush? [ 4 Answers ]

How it happened: Me an my gay best friend Bill(names have been changed) are in the same class as his crush, Dave a feminine guy that everyone likes. He's funny an the perfect guy bill has been waiting for(he tells me but I've heard it before:rolleyes: ) and when bill gets giddy I get giddy. ...

My gay friends tell me my new love interest is gay [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Im new to this service. I am a 32 year old female, who has been dating a 26 year old guy for about 2 months. I met him about a year ago, and up until 2 months ago, really only hung out with him with our other friends. We both knew there was something there, had not had the...

View more questions Search