Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Mar 31, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Hooking up CPU to the TV
    Is there a way to hook up your CPu to the TV so that you can view streaming video and such or show Powerpoint presentations and the like?
    Thanks..
    burn56 Posts: 41, Reputation: 11

Mar 31, 2007, 07:14 PM
    There are Tv Tuners that allow you to watch Tv on your computer, but for the output to be on your television you need the your video card to have an s-video out, and your TV to have s-video in. Or Your video card to have Dvi Out, and TV to have Dvi in.
    If you look at the back of your TV and take a picture, and take it to any self respecting computer store, and tell them what you want to do, they'll have a card for it, if you don't already have one.
    frien_dd Posts: 62, Reputation: 0

Apr 3, 2007, 08:46 AM
    I brought a graphics card and a s-video-to-scart lead from eBay

Card cost £25.00 new PC/Laptops usually have them integrated

Lead cost £15.00 10m

I now can watch all the videos I down load on TV, basically anything on the PC screen I see on the TV the better the graphics card the better the output to the TV is.

I hope this is helpful
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Apr 3, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Mose newer video cards will have TV output. The latest ones will be HDMI compatible :)

The TV output from the video card will usually be s-video or composite video (yellow RCA) using an included adapter.

Use the one most suitable for your TV. S-video will give a better picture, although text will still be hard to read. Also TV output only works at certain resolution.

To get the best possible picture, use a screen resolution of 640x480, with large fonts.

If your not viewing the desktop or trying to surf, then playing videos and graphical images will look like vhs quality, which is quite acceptable from a distance. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPU fan starts, a low hum sound on speaker and a vroom sound from cpu/fan [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a new pentium 4 3.0 Ghz motherboard with 256 ram, connected everything as directed on the manual and plugged the power connector then started the computer. The fan starts then nothing else. All I hear is a very low hum/beep sound from the computer speaker which is immediately...

Hooking back up with ex [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is giovanni I know this might sound dumb but do you think I should try and get back wit my ex we broke up two months ago but not a day go by that I don't think about her and I mean love her so much words can not even begen to desribe how I fell about her and I never had some one know me...

Hooking up 240 [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 240V baseboard heater. This was prewired into the house but does not have a breaker as yet. The pre-installed wire is 12-2 with ground. My question is what kind of breaker should I purchase. I think I would need a 20 Amp Douple pole, am I right?

In love/Hooking up... [ 9 Answers ]

Here goes... I dated my ex for almost a year, he was my first serious relationship and I was his longest relationship, his first serious one as well. He's 2 years older, and after 10 1/2 months, we broke up. It was my last resort to suggest we take a break because I could tell he didn't want to...

Hooking back up with ex [ 12 Answers ]

I have a problem. I listened to some false rumors six years ago in high school and broke a dear friends heart. I never got over my frustration for acting hasty. Now, after calling every person in the phone book with her last name and looking on whitepages on the net, I've finally found her. I...

View more questions Search