Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JRIS11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2013, 01:45 AM
    Answers to Accounting Questions
    Under Hire Purchase financing terms, does this means I have to recognize the item as Fixed Asset? There is no Downpayment and Security Deposit required.

Thanks and regards
    rehmanvohra Posts: 739, Reputation: 27

Dec 17, 2013, 06:18 AM
    Under Hire Purchase financing terms, does this means I have to recognize the item as Fixed Asset? There is no Down payment and Security Deposit required.

CORRECT: Under HP system, like finance lease, you acquire an asset the title of which will be passed on to you on payment of all installments.

The HP contract may stipulate no down payment or security. If you have not paid any amount
    it is okay.

Dec 17, 2013, 08:08 PM
    When will I recognize as Fixed Asset in the books - HP finance terms start or after payment of all the installments?

Dec 18, 2013, 01:25 AM
    The date on which the asset is received. The HP contract entitles the entity to the possession of the asset for its use.

Dec 18, 2013, 02:11 AM
    Noted. Thanks rehmanvohra. Much appreciated.

Dec 18, 2013, 05:26 AM
    I am glad was to be of help. Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you need me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Answers to accounting questions [ 1 Answers ]

Please explain freight in and freight out in regards to chart of accounts. I believe that freight in should go to cost of goods sold and freight out is an expense. On the freight out we have both where we charge a customer and when we pay it on orders over $50.00 do they get recorded the same way?

Accounting questions answers [ 0 Answers ]

every year, mother company purchases 8000 units of a part that it needs to produce its prodcut. The supplier notified Mother Company that a price increase will take effect shortly, which will bring the price of the part to $25.00 each. Mother company has an idle facility and considers using it to...

Answers to accounting questions [ 1 Answers ]

What does it mean to calculate the funding levels and capital gains based on the company's annual report?

Answers to accounting questions [ 0 Answers ]

The company incurs a payroll payable of $645 per weekday of operations. The mondays of January are the 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and the 31st. Paydays are every other Friday with paydays of January 7th & 21st and February 4th for the two weeks ending that date. The Friday, January 21st payday is...

Accounting questions and answers [ 1 Answers ]

In a SpreadSheet i.e. Particulars, Opening Balances, Cheque Payments, Petty Cash, Receipts, Journals and Trial Balance all are balanced off except the Trial Balance. Q.1. Do I take fiures from all the accounts mentioned or only from the Journal entries? Q.2. The Opening Balances were given before...

View more questions Search