Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ARZappa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2013, 01:07 PM
    Removing appliances
    There are no eviciton papers in process, but the house is being foreclosed on. The owners showed up, without notice went in the house, and left a note stating they are taking the appliances; that have been a part of the rent for the last two years
    ARZappa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2013, 01:14 PM
    Can a landlord remove appliances from rental?
    There are no eviction papers in the procees, but the house is being foreclosed on. The owners showed up without notice, went in the house, left a note stating they are taking the appliances (washer,dryer,fridge, and stove). That has been a part of the rent for the last two years. What can I do? Is this legal?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Dec 16, 2013, 01:16 PM
    Call the police. It was illegal for the landlord to remove the appliances without replacing them. It doesn't matter if a lender has begun the foreclosure process.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 16, 2013, 01:28 PM
    Also, if you know who the lender is that is foreclosing, report it to them.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 16, 2013, 06:05 PM
    I assume OP is renting from the owner, whose mortgage is in foreclosure.

The appliances, except the stove, are probably not fixtures, but whether they can be removed by the owners would depend upon the terms of the mortgage. Normally a stove would be considered a fixture and thus would belong to the buyer at a foreclosure sale (often the mortgage lender). So yes, the lender should be notified.

And yes, taking these appliances while the tenant is still in possession would probably be a violation of the tenant's rights as well.
    There would be no eviction papers yet because the tenant(s) are entitled to at least 90 days after the forclosure sale has haooened. Read this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Appliances [ 2 Answers ]

Do you have an electric heating element wiring diagram for a Kenmore clothes dryer Model 110-6518801. The element is a three wire unit, color coded red, black, and white.

Appliances [ 2 Answers ]

I am seeking a source for obtaining a relacement filter cartridge #CA-190 manufactured by Rush Hampton Industries in Longwood Florida. Thank you.

Appliances [ 1 Answers ]

The start button on my kenmore dishwasher doesn't work anymore.

Appliances [ 2 Answers ]

My kenmore elite gas dryer model 110 75922401 ignites but doesn't stay on long enough to dry the clothes. Please advise what the problem may be and hopefully a solution. Thank you

Removing faucet handle after removing screw on top [ 7 Answers ]

My hot water is leaking.. I remove the top screw on the handle; the handle won`t come off.. should I try and pry it off or is there another screw somewhere that I don`t know about? This is a two handle-one spout faucet.

View more questions Search