Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catmck2204 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2013, 08:57 AM
    Purchasing products from China and what is required to do so?
    I am a home party rep for a purse company. I live in Ontario, Canada. I have no business licence as not needed at this point. I am wishing to order some items from china to enhance my purse sales. I have been in touch with a vendor there and it goes through Alibaba for inspection and payment. What is involved with receiving shipment once it gets to Canada and what will I need to do so?

Thank you
    cmabill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2014, 03:54 AM
    You'd better learn how to protect yourself before you can earn money, Alibaba? Try your luck
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 15, 2014, 04:04 AM
    The company in China are exporting to you. You will receive an invoice covering material, duty, shipping and sales tax. You do nothing but accept the shipment and pay all duties, etc. You are correct, business licence is not needed yet, but if you continue to purchase from this company you may be required to, which is a simple procedure. And, suggest you make a call to Canada Customs and Excise to up date yourself on procedures (I cannot offer a link at this time, but you can google this information). Canada Customs and Excise are available to you not only to give this advise but also to protect your rights as a Canadian citizen.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 15, 2014, 04:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmabill View Post
    You'd better learn how to protect yourself before you can earn money, Alibaba? Try your luck
    If you don't have any better advice to give then this, I would suggest not answering. OP's name is not 'Alibaba.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should we be purchasing products from our own company? [ 0 Answers ]

When I write this, it sounds crazy, and my assumption is "yes", but... We have an LLC for our farm. The eggs that we don't sell, we use. Should we be purchasing the eggs from our LLC, showing that as income, and paying sales tax on them?

Has anyone tried any SH-18 products before because I was thinking of purchasing some [ 12 Answers ]

What do you all think? Should I maybe try the SH-18 products... I think I remember One person from an old thread on here saying that they used the SH-18 lotion mixed with half a teaspoon of HQ... and they said that it made them singer Cassie or singer Nicole Szerzinger complexion.

I can be your purchasing asistant in China [ 14 Answers ]

I graduated from Internatinal Economy and Trade of Huazhong Agriculture University in2007. What I want to do is international business. I know many foreigners want to purchase in China, but there is difficulty. I want to help someone to do this. I can communicate with the buyers, and find a...

Purchasing from china [ 4 Answers ]

What kind of permits/licensing do I need

Purchasing computer parts from Japan or china? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking to buy new and used computer parts from both Japan and China, or possibly other Asian countries. I would like to find a contact to start this process. Please if you can help please respond! [email protected] Thanks!!

View more questions Search