Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gaydawn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2013, 08:16 PM
    Self employed health insurance
    My husband is self employed in Texas. I am disabled so I'm covered, but I am trying to find health insurance for him that we can afford. Any ideas?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2013, 09:29 PM
    Supposedly that was the purpose of "Obamacare". Have you tried the exchanges? I'm under Medicare so it doesn't affect me yet.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 24, 2013, 03:20 PM
    I am in Texas myself and have gone on the federal exchange and gotten 60 quotes after giving certain info including zip code. You can also go to the individual websites of the companies doing business in your state and even county using your zip code.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2013, 08:09 PM
    It all depends on what you consider affordable. Depending on age, a person my age can find coverage for 500 dollars a month and up. The issue is what can you afford a month

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from personal health insurance to my company's health insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I've been employed with my present company since 2009. I've paid for my own health insurance since 2009 (high deductible), though would like to switch to my company's health insurance. I was diagnosed with MS in June 2011 and it's a pre-existing condition. What do I need to know because of this...

Two health insurance policy for surgery and 2nd insurance not paying [ 1 Answers ]

Had hysterictomy in 08, In 09 got a bill from hospital saying 2nd insurance withdrew 2k stating that was my portion or my copay. Is this right? I tried to appeal and the insurance is sticking to it. My primary ended up paying 16k to the 2nd insurance only paying 600. What are my options. I have...

Can self-employed UK citizen work self-employed in USA? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a UK citizen self employed in the UK, and thinking of applying for a USA tourist visa for several months holiday. Can I earn money from occasional self-employment in the USA and if so what do I need to know about paying tax?

How to sue self-employed ex for his half of the copay and insurance for children? [ 5 Answers ]

I have one daughter now 17, the other 19. Over the last 5 years, we have accumulated almost 35K in insurance and co-pays that were directed to be paid by my exhusband. He has made no attempt and is behind in child support. To be to the point, I missed two appt's in court and the TX State Atty...

Health insurance for diabetic, otherwise in good health [ 5 Answers ]

Next month, I will be landing in Texas as a new immigrant on my Green Card (female aged 55 years - not working). I have diabetese which is well controlled bu insulin and am otherwise in good health. Which companies would provide me a health insurance cover, even if they put a waiting period for the...

View more questions Search