Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nolrb07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 03:05 PM
    How to put on more muscle mass after already working out for a few months?
    Hello, I am 5' 9'' and weigh 140 lbs. I started working out in mid January when I only weighed 130 lbs. I am happy with the fact that I have gained some weight, but I started so skinny that I have a lot more progress to make. My first efforts were to just get toned, and now I want to gain more muscle mass and size. I use SuperPump250 for a pre-work out stimulator, and I drink protein shakes immediately after my workouts. I used to do sets of 3 with reps between 10-12, now I have recently changed my sets to 5 with reps of 5-6. I was wondering if this would be a good thing to do to try to gain muscle mass, or if there are any other suggestions of ways to keep gaining weight and getting bigger?? Thank you.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Mar 31, 2007, 03:20 PM
    140lbs = 64.5kgs.
    Do you mean you started this year or last year? If you put on 10lbs of muscle in less than 4 months, you're putting it on VERY fast! Even 10lbs in 16 months is very respectable.

Don't get obsessed.
    nolrb07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Yes, I started this year and I know it's good but I think the only reason I gained so much is because I hadn't eaten enough and never worked out. I am just afraid of my weight staying at 140 lbs. I just want to do the right things to make sure I keep gaining weight because I still have a skinny appearance.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Mar 31, 2007, 03:50 PM
    10lbs in a mere 4 months is more than enough - don't push yourself too hard.

Have you looked into other kinds of activity? A lot of men get compulsive about building big muscles to the point where it stops being healthy. Dance, climbing, swimming, running, rowing, juggling.. there's tons of stuff!

If you're trying to make yourself feel more confident in public, work as much on your personality as your body - some of the coolest people in the world don't look all that great (take a look at the actor Steve Buschemi - ugly as sin yet cool as ice).

There's a guy in work who took up body-building a couple of years ago and he certainly is a lot more muscular - bulging biceps and all that, but he's still a total . The second he opens his mouth he can repel women from a distance of 200 yards. If only he'd put as much effort into learning how to be polite and charming as he did getting muscled-up, he'd be a much more approachable person. :(

Just keep going at a sensible level and enjoy yourself!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muscle [ 2 Answers ]

I am really in to building muscle an I have bin doing weight for a while but I am wondering is there a fast rutine that can help muscle building faster I don't won't to use steroids as I know the side affects an it supposedly give you man boobs an I don't won't to use a toning device as it doesn't...

Muscle fatigue and Soreness without working out. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Im a 24 year old mother of two. I work all day long but I sit at a desk, and I don't do anything that's considered strenuous. I recently started getting a weak tingling feeling in my legs, yesterday was really bad, I felt like I could barely walk, when I bent down to pick up my daugter I...

Worked 6 Months In Ca And 5 Months In Ny [ 3 Answers ]

Can I file separately if I lived and worked in CA 6 months and moved to NY 6months and worked 5 months here? Is it better to file a certain way in this situation

Help me to build muscle. [ 2 Answers ]

Please can someone give me some pointers. I have absolutely no idea when it comes to building muscle or toning and am completely new to it all. I have always been unhappy and insecure with my body and what with my wife just leaving me has put me on an all time low. I have decided on...

PC Muscle [ 1 Answers ]

Where exactly can the PC muscle be located for men i.e. the one that is used for Kegel exercises?

View more questions Search