Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thrdman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2013, 11:06 AM
    Ex-felon
    Can a person with a felony conviction over 20 years ago obtain a surety bond for wholesale auto auctions, retail sale of vehicles?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 13, 2013, 11:23 AM
    I'm a dealer in PA....the best thing you can do to get real answers is to find an insurance company that sells surety bonds in your area and ask them.

The bond may not be the issue that you face...depending on your state, it may be your DMV licensing that causes you difficulties. I am not a felon so I had to go through nothing extra but in my application through the state, there was a section there to fill out if you were ever convicted of anything other than a traffic violation. If so, they put you under a case by case investigation. You cannot lie on this part as they also require a background check done by the state police...on top of that, if you want to offer financing, many states require an FBI background check in order to get a banking license.

You may not face these issues where you are...you may face more...I can't really say. Best thing is to call an agent and ask about the bond and then look up your states licensing policy online or call the DMV and have them direct you where to get this information.

Also....selling cars sounds great....but it's tough up front. You will need lots of cash laying around to keep you going for a year at least. I was in business for 9 months before I started actually generating more money coming in the door than going out...and I'm still close to $70k in the hole from the previous 9 months.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between being a ex felon and a ex sex felon of 1993 in referen [ 0 Answers ]

What is the differences of being an ex felon and an ex sex felon of 1993 in references to job searchig for a driver position?

Can a felon on supervised release live with an ex-felon? [ 9 Answers ]

My fiancé is getting supervised release. His p.o. Came by our house and said to approve the residence. She said he can't associate with felons and She wants a background check on me. I have a felony from 15 yrs. Ago. For possession of a controlled substance. Will they prohibit us from living...

Definitions: Felon vs. convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

What's the difference between a convicted felon and a felon?

Pregnant felon living with another felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a felon live with another felon if his girlfriend is pregnant with his kid!! Her felony is 4 years old!!

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

View more questions Search