Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Donna14marie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2013, 07:29 AM
    A friends destination wedding that I can't attend
    My friend is getting married in Miami
    I will not be attending her wedding. I would still like to give a gift, how much
    $$$ would be appropriate?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 13, 2013, 07:46 AM
    Whatever you can comfortably afford.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 13, 2013, 08:04 AM
    Did she register anywhere? Wait to see what has been bought. You have a year to give a gift according to old fashioned etiquette. I'd wait at least until they get back home.

Marriages these days don't get the expenditures on gifts as they did. Too many divorces. I'd say $40 if she's never been married before. And if she has, and you can't go to the wedding... a token present like a small picture frame. Or nothing. That's just me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Etiquette for destination wedding [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to my best friends wedding in Aruba. Expensive place and all inclusive. I am bringing my 2 boys so chose to stay at a less expensive place. I was told that I have to pay a fee per person to attend the hotel for the day of the wedding. There is no private reception so essentially I am...

Destination Wedding... HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and my best friend, who is also my child's God-Mother,(couple) are having a destination wedding. This wedding will cost us almost $4000 I was not asked to be in the bridal party, nor was he. We are wondering how much of a monetary gift we should now give them with the fact that we are...

Gift for a destination wedding? [ 1 Answers ]

My niece is having a destination wedding in Costa Rica which my husband nor I will be able to attend. Her sister had her wedding in Hawaii two years ago, which we also weren't able to attend. (I have two children in college... enough said!)For her sisters wedding I had arranged after the ceremony...

Gift Giving for a Destination Wedding [ 24 Answers ]

My husband and I are attending a destination wedding that is going to cost the two of us a total of $1100 just to be in attendance for our friends nuptials. That amount includes only airfare, hotel and a rental car. We will still have further expenses throughout our 4 day stay. Is it...

Destination Wedding [ 3 Answers ]

I am a maid of honor at a destination wedding, there will not be any one else coming except the bride, groom, best man, myself and the father of the bride. I am not sure if it is appropriate to have a shower for her or not?

View more questions Search