Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CreativeNotHandy Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2013, 06:48 PM
    My theater tuner won't turn on
    I have a pioneer VSX-522 tuner with a basic 5 point system.

The system worked great for a year and a half. Then my wife moved the furniture around including the tuner and speakers, but didn't unplug anything but the power cable.

Shortly after it was moved, kids were watching TV and the tuner shut down pretty quickly. They turned it back on and it shut down again. They turned it on a 3rd time, it shut down again and never turned back on.

I unplugged all the speakers and moved it to a different outlet. Still it won't turn on.

I opened it up and tested the fuse that is on the panel that the power cable goes into. The fuse is fine.

Any suggestions other than buying a new one which is a horrible expense during the holidays? Thanks!
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 21, 2013, 09:53 AM
    If you turn the unit on and it shutsdown automatically it typically is detecting a power supply issue and shutting down in protection mode. Other than maybe a possible item that dropped into the cooling vents and is causing a short I would say the unit will need replaced. The only other suggestion would be to leave it unplugged for an extended peroid of time before retrying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier CD5BXA036000AAAA fan won't shut off; heat and A/C won't turn on [ 4 Answers ]

A few days ago everything worked fine. I left for a few hours and when I came home that night only the fan worked and it wouldn't shut off. The thermostat looked to have gone mad, the temperature reading on the thermostat was changing up and down within three degrees despite that fact that the air...

Won't reach the set temp won't turn on unless you blow on burners [ 1 Answers ]

We were sitting on watching TV tonight talking about how cold it is -24 when I said why is it not getting any warmer in here? We checked the temp and the inside temp was down to 65 but the set temp is set at 70. We went down to look at the furnace changed the air filter and replaced batteries on...

Dishwasher won't start, water in bottom, won't turn on at all, lights don't go on, [ 0 Answers ]

Dishwasher is a kenmore ultra wash, won't turn on, stopped before cycle was finished, water in bottom, can't get it to turn on to drain, no lights no nothing, have tried other plugs,nothing

Heater won't turn on/if I manually turn it on the air is cool [ 0 Answers ]

Heater won't turn and if I do it manually it blows cool air

Turn outside faucet 1/4 turn to the side so the hose won't be bent [ 6 Answers ]

Can I safely put a pipe wrench on an outside faucet and on the pipe it is attached to and turn it one quarter turn to the side so the hose connected to it won't be bent and spray at the attachment?

View more questions Search