Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjgarre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2013, 01:54 PM
    Statute of limitations on abandon vehicle in Indiana
    Son left my camper at my friends house. I asked her if she had it 4 months later she said it was demolished by a tree. 9 month later I find she has hidden my camper at another location and it is not demolished. Is there a statute of limitations in Indiana for this kind of property?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 12, 2013, 02:18 PM
    Abandoned property laws go by local ordinance, not state. But your case has a grey area in it of being lied to. Trouble with that is that you didn't follow up on the lie long ago. So I don't know what a court would say. The burden is on her to prove to a court that you not only abandoned the camper, but also that you were duly notified within the deadline. If the camper is a licensed vehicle and not just the top or a towable trailer, or even if it's not but can be, it follows different laws of the DMV.

BMV: Titles

If you know where it is and you have the title, can't you just go get it?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2013, 03:45 PM
    That is theft. Notify police.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indiana statute of limitations check fraud [ 5 Answers ]

My sister was hired as a live in care taker by the son of a man who died nearly three years ago. The son gave her checks which never cleared and he still owes her several thousand dollars. The son has since moved to another state. Does my sister have any recourse?

Statute of limitations- boyfriend and vehicle theft [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend was caught stealing vehicles when he was 18 in 2002. He was fined $63,000. I was wondering if there is a statute of limitations through icbc where the fine was wiped clean so that he could go and get his license again

Statute of Limitations on Abandon Vehicle.When does it become yours? [ 1 Answers ]

It used to be that if a vehicle was left abandoned on private property, after two years, a person could contact the Washington State Patrol and receive ownership paperwork for the abandon vehicle. Apparently, things have changed. By contacting local law enforcement, they will perform a "hulk...

Canadian Statute of limitations on motor vehicle fines [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is a statute of limitations on motor vehicle fines, { No Insurance to be precise}, in Alberta, Canada. If there is what is it?

View more questions Search