Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oliveoil89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2013, 06:55 PM
    My boyfriend is jealous, possessive, controlling, angry, hits, and yells.
    When I first met my boyfriend, he was a relaxed, nice guy. He was the best. Took me to the coolest places and we hit it off immediately. When I started dating him, he was great. Then I got an interview to be a tutor at a university. He got an anxiety attack. Then, he would insist on driving me to work. So I thought it would be a great way to save gas. He would want to know whatever happened at work and with the athletes.

Once we got through that, nothing much arose until our 6th month anniversary when he gave me an anxiety attack by starring at my phone while he drove as I wrote on Facebook. I lost it because he would always do that. He would ask me daily if creepies texted me. When we would get in arguments about his jealousy or something else, he would not let me leave. For instance, if I needed space and told him I wanted to go home. He would not leave. He would keep my car door open or take my phone. HE would follow me to the bathroom and would not leave me alone even though I told him to please give me space (this was after he once again was checking my phone because we had not talked in a while.) He would notice every thing that happened on my phone, accused me of cheating, interrogated me, accused me of hiding things. He would tell me a friend was not good and could get me in bad situations (if I mentioned hanging out with her.) He does not like my cousin or uncle for things that they have done in their life and their lifestyle. Has tried to convince me that visiting them would result in bad situations. He has hit things in anger, like his car, chair, or cushions on my couch, or my front door while I was holding it. Just recently, we were arguing and I was crying. He then yelled at me with all his rage and it scared me.

There is so much more to write... what's wrong with him? :(
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 11, 2013, 07:13 PM
    He is jealous, possessive, controlling, angry,
    Why are you still with him? This kind of behavior only gets worse. Soon he will be hitting you.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 11, 2013, 09:26 PM
    Homegirl is right...the next step is him hitting you. You can do better.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2013, 09:55 AM
    No question that you need to get this guy gone, but be careful in doing so. And by that I mean that he sounds like the type who might take out revenge in just about any way one can think of.
    I regret saying that and not having good advice on how you go about being careful. But if you were my sister and you lived in my state, I would be taking you to the nearest gun shop, then to the Sheriff's office to start the process for obtaining a carry permit.
    Maybe I am erring too far on the side of caution but I read so many reports of these type situations turning out very badly.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2013, 10:50 AM
    Plain and simple - THAT ISN'T A BOYFRIEND. That is a person who needs to be out of your life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 12, 2013, 12:49 PM
    He is an angry, control freak, and the longer he is in your life, the worse it gets. RUN, and tell everyone that you are running away fro him and ask for their protection and support.

Bet everyone you know that knows of his actions has said the same thing, and you really should listen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is over controlling and angry. What do I do? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey All. If you have some knowledge of The Bible, it would be helpful or life experience related to a Christian relationship. My boyfriend and I of more than a year, have been having issues, especially when it comes to the interpretation of the Bible. I feel I am very deep in my faith and...

My boyfriend is being very controlling and jealous [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having some issues with my Boyfriend... We moved in together a few months ago and have been dating for almost a year.. everything was perfect in the beginning and now all of a sudden he is continuing to bring up my past.. I told him at the very beginning of our relationship about all of my ex...

My boyfriend is possessive, jealous, and won't let me have my friends. What do I do? [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating this guy a little over month ago. I really like him but it's just not going right but I don't want to loose him. I'm beginning to fall in love with him and really enjoy his company. He is a really sweet and affectionate guy but he has his downsides and I don't know if they really...

My 8 year old hits and yells at my 5 yrear old [ 4 Answers ]

I need help I am very upset I don't know how to handle that my children fight constantly I have tried putting them in different rooms keeping the with me in every room I am in but they still fight my 8 year old doesn't know how to control her feelings and when she is mad at my 5 year old she hits...

My Boyfriend is jealous, possessive, and emotional, what should I do? [ 20 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for about a 2 years now, it started so amazing, I fell in love with him in no time, but since we met, a lot of problems have come up. His jealousy and possessive nature comes through in a lot of ways. He has become very angry at me for wearing v neck shirts or anything...

View more questions Search