Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbouklias Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2005, 02:07 PM
    Pregnant 16 year old, by 14 year old
    I would like to know if anyone knows the rape laws in Ohio. There is a situation that I need to find out. I know a 16 year old girl pregnant by a 14 year old boy. Is their a rape law that would apply. Can the 14 year old boys parents go after the 16 year old girl or can the girls parents go after the 14 year old boy. I have know clue. I honestly don't. I need unfortunely need to find out by February 16, 2005. So if you can help I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time. :confused:
    kimmy20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2005, 08:29 AM
    Aww
    Hi kim here the law is the 16 year old girl will be done for that because the girl has statatory raped the boy.
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

May 22, 2005, 12:39 PM
    Ohio Statutory Rape Law
    (A) No person who is eighteen years of age or older shall engage in sexual conduct with another, who is not the spouse of the offender, when the offender knows the other person is thirteen years of age or older but less than sixteen years of age, or the offender is reckless in that regard.

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of corruption of a minor, a felony of the fourth degree. If the offender is less than four years older than the other person, corruption of a minor is a misdemeanor of the first degree.

Basically if a 16 year old as sex with a 13 year old there is no criminal act. The only persons possibly effected by the action of the children are the parents of the children. If the parents knew the children were engaging in sexual activity and didn't attempt to stop them then technically it'd negelct on their part. Not sure what the circumstances surrounding the incident are. If anyone has any questions let me know. Additionally, if any of the parties want info on adoption let me know.
    wakeboarderboy69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Dec 4, 2005, 12:23 AM
    As long as the kid is at least 13 there won't be that big of a problem. A similar thing happened to some people I knew, except that the girl was 16 and the boy she was pregnant from was 12. She got in some trouble but it was still not that big of deal.

P.S. that is a lucky dude to be bangin a 16 year old!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2005, 06:50 AM
    Rape
    Normally there should not be any trouble, This does not appear to fall within the Rape laws of your state.

But remember that if one or both parents start calling the authorities, child welfare (sorry both parties fall under as children)

The state could investigate this to see if either or both parents are fit and if the court needs to intrude into the situation.

There does not always have to be a criminal act merely inappropate actions for the state to become invovled. Allowing your children of that age to have sex could be considered as poor parenting.

Doubt it would happen, but if one or both parties start hiring lawyers and the such anything can happen.

The most important issue at this point is to be honest and tell the parents.
    They will find out, so don't put it off. Getting the proper medical treatment, vitimans prenatial care of the baby is very important.

Also if the families do not wish to keep the baby, there are a lot of great adoption options. I myself am adopted and the right loving family that wants a new baby can be often the best choice. But it is always a choice.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2005, 11:50 AM
    Generally, 16 is considered the "age of consent." Therefore, when an adult has sexual relations with someone under the age of 16 it is statutory rape. However, that may not be the case with someone who is under 18 (as is the case with the 16 year-old girl in question.) Talk to an attorney for full information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with my 12 year old son [ 11 Answers ]

I am having a hard time with my son he is 12 years old and he is into a lot of trouble all the time. At school he is a bully and pushed the school to the point of sending him to the courts as an unruly kid if there is one more incident! I know he needs help and I want to get him help but I am on...

My 2 year old [ 11 Answers ]

I can not seem to get my 2 year old to give up his sother or to potty train him I am a single mother and very strick is this maby part of the problem or is there a problem or am I just worring :confused: :confused:

15 year old [ 11 Answers ]

Well it has been a while. Does anyone know what will happen if: Went to mediation. Do not work. Ex is seeking change in residential address for my 15 year old. Image this happened at the same time I sought child support modification after 11 years. Hmmmm. Anyway, court ordered a GAL which I...

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

6th Year F1, Converted to H-1B last year [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ATE, Thank you so much for everything you have done for all of us. I really really appreciate your help and advice. You are THE man! My case is like that: I came to US on F1 in 08/2000, and had been on F1 until I got my H-1B visa on Nov. 1st last year. From last May to last Oct. I...

View more questions Search