Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SomeoneR123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2013, 08:04 PM
    Is this a good idea?
    Ok so I'm 15 and about 5'6" and weigh around 170 pounds, and I'm a guy, I'm fat and I'm tired of it, I work out a lot, I run and lift weights plus I try to stay pretty active, I even eat really good like never any suger an all that stuff but this stuff has never lost me any fat at all, what I'm thinking of doing is to just not eat for like 3-4 days mabye an apple or something like that but then after the 3-4 days of no food and work out really hard, plenary of water, than for like 1-2 weeks I eat good and then do it again, I'm pretty fat so I'm thinking that if I like starve than my body will eat the fat. I know someone who does this and he is ripped, he does this to cut weight fast for wrestling and it works, is this a good idea? Will it work? Is it safe? I this isn't a good idea what should I do? I have gone to the doctors but they seem to think I'm healthy. But I'm not.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 08:10 PM
    Not eating for 3-4 days means your body will eat the muscle and keep the fat. So whoever is telling you otherwise is full of applesauce.

It sounds to me like a good weight. Where on earth are you "fat"?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 09:27 PM
    How tall are you? If you're normal height, 170 pounds is not fat. Also, remember that muscle weighs more than fat. If you're working out you will gain muscle, which is heavier than fat. In other words, stop looking at the scale and look at your body.

Starving yourself will not work, you'll lose muscle, and fat, but as soon as you start eating again you'll gain back the fat and then some, you'll only lose muscle. Your body will feed on itself. The best way to lose weight is to eat at least 3 meals a day, with healthy snacks in between, and make sure you're getting your recommended daily intake of all food categories.

I doubt very much that you're fat. From what you wrote, if you're being honest, the weight on the scale is from muscle. So really, do yourself a favor and don't judge your body from a number on the scale.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 10:21 PM
    I would just like to add to the great advice you already got that drinking plenty of water a day will keep you fuller longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a blog to vent a good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? Suggestions? [ 13 Answers ]

If you've seen my other question, then you know I've had some drama lately.. Well concerning that post I will say, things settled out. Well.. more of, she read my journal that morning while I took my regents test and found out that I thought I liked her. Today, we discussed that. She doesn't...

Good idea o bad idea [ 3 Answers ]

I am going down to near my ex girlfriend lives in a few weeks. I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to tell her and see if she wants to hangout as friends or something. I haven't talked to her since we broke up in march, and things between us started so fast and then ended even quicker. Here...

Is it a good idea or a bad idea. [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter is 5. and she has developed this habit of getting up in the mornings at 3am and getting into things in the fridge and cupboards for late night snacks. I have tried fridge locks and cupboard locks, but she is just too darn smart and figures them all out! My question is, would it be...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search