Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike Espinola Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2013, 07:22 AM
    Sprocket change over
    Hi,
    I have a 40" diam 84 tooth 1 1/2" pitch sprocket being driven by a 17 tooth. I want to change to a # 80 with a 1" pitch. A sprocket builder recommended a 27.66 OD with identical number of teeth on both sprockets and claims it will carry the same load. My gut tells me that I will loose leverage on the load and should stick to the same outside diameters. Am I wrong? Why?
    Many thanks and best regards
    Mike

Check out some similar questions!

Garage opener sprocket not turning [ 2 Answers ]

Sears , the chain is not moving. When open the unit, the white wheel with teeth is not moving. It looks like the "teeth" are worn in some areas. Can I replace the wheel or should I just invest in a new. It is a 1998 unit and has had two cars leaving the garage door every work day for all 12+...

How to put the chain on the sprocket [ 2 Answers ]

On my overhead Garage door opener, the chain has come out of the sprocket. I can see how to put it back, but not able to pull it with my hands to put it over it, does anyone know of any tools which will help me do that. Or is there a trick in doing that. Thanks

Sprocket change for feet per min. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a drive roll that needs to turn 500Ftm min.. It now turns at 420Ft.min. The drive shaft FPM is 61 The drive shaft RPM is 120 The drive sprocket has 24 tooth The driven shaft FPM is 120 The driven shaft RPM is 245 The driven sprocket is a 10 tooth :confused:

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.