Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valmabry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2013, 06:16 AM
    Unwanted box on computer
    Each time I log onto my computer, a box appears stating:
    "Reminder Your computer is Not Backed Up, Back up Your Files Online Today.. Free computer Backup Available..

How do I get rid of this box?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2013, 01:40 PM
    Right click on this box and see if it offers you a "delete" option. Another way is to delete "cookies".
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Dec 9, 2013, 05:19 AM
    I have had a lot of clients with this backup program.
    It is a program that installs when you install certain downloaded programs.

It might be one of the programs that is preinstalled on your computer but chances are it is this Blue Backup Icon

Go to Control Panel -> Program and Features.
    Uninstall this program and all toolbars as well. They just cause issues and freezes up your browsers.

Hope this
    Helps
    NolanGrayson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2013, 03:40 AM
    In order to get rid of the message box, you need to remove the application from which it is associated. Go in the control panel – Add/Remove Program and uninstall that application. This will solve the issue. If not, then you need to check for some malware, virus infection in your computer. Get some good antivirus like Immunet Plus, Kasperksy, Bitdefender, Avast, Avira etc and perform complete scan of your computer. Quarantine the detected threats. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White wire is hot in the switch box. How do I supplu other switches in the same box [ 9 Answers ]

It seems the power and neutral are in the light box. I have 3 other devices I need power for in the switch box. Can I use the ground as the nuetral so I can get a the current to travel. I will not have a ground from this point on since I will use it for the nuetral. Is this okay to do. It...

What is the cost of updating a fuse box (4 fuses) to a 200 amp box [ 1 Answers ]

Just need a rough estimate of costs.

Change my Turn Off Computer dialog box on XP [ 3 Answers ]

I have XP Pro on both my desk computer and my Toshiba Tecra laptop. The shutdown dialog boxes are not the same. I like the one on my desk computer which says: "Shutdown Windows"... "What do you want the computer to do?" The laptop dialog says" "Turn off computer" and show 3 icons. Both computers...

Combo box/list box/drop down box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for you in regards to a list box in a query. I have a form that I am using and want to give the users some options on what years they want to pull data from. So I was thinking about creating a list box or drop down box that would display the available years, when they highlighted...

View more questions Search