Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 02:14 AM
    New denture pain
    I got a set of dentures two week ago. I had a previous set but never really wore them. They are about 4 year old.

The top set fits great, better than I ever dreamed.

But the bottom just hurts to set them in. And if I bite down, the pain is not bearable. I have been back twice to get adjustments but still pain. Anyone have suggestions..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 02:27 AM
    I am going back another trip in the morning..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 8, 2013, 07:11 AM
    That is not unusual that upper or lower don't fit any longer. I guess it is time to put the money out for a new bottom set. If you mean by adjustments reclining twice, twice is as much as you can try before buying a new plate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Denture adjustment [ 5 Answers ]

Having difficulty adjusting to new dentures. First, I am having an extreme gag reflex, and now I am having pain radiating from my ja w to my ear whenever they are in. what can I do to help adjust to my new dentures?

Denture care [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to purchase Steradent triple Action denture cleaning powder but despite an extensive search in many avenues I have not been able to find this product and I amd wondering if it is no longer available.Just as elusive are the details of the manufacturer and any contact details. So...

My denture has dried out what do I do [ 1 Answers ]

I left my immediate denture out of water for 2 days as my extractions were very painful and I couldn't wear it. Will it be damaged

Denture creams [ 8 Answers ]

Just found this site Numbness Arms Legs Tingling Dentures Muscle Weakness. Can denture creams really be this dangerous? I know my mom uses a lot of poligrip, a couple times a day - she claims she can't afford new dentures

Denture treatment [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently paid £194 to have a new set of dentures made - I have been back many times over the last 3 months and they still do not fit - can I get a refund from my dentist!!

View more questions Search